Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I can solve any Helix problem you have........

DarthHollis

IS line 6 planning on incorporating a power amp stage into the Helix?<br />Seymore Duncans Power Stage (size of a pedal), Blue Guitar Amp, Wampler and others are<br />making pedal platform amps and just seems that a stereo pwr amp of the<br />newer Class D amps would probably fit already or at least Heix "Powered" could be made.<br />The question is I suppose? Will the pedal platform specific amplifier sell? And the real question is;<br />is it needed?<br /><br />

There is already a hidden power amp stage in the Helix. It's simple to activate! Just wire up a custom AC-mains-to-XLR plug, and attach it to L6 Link. With standard USA wiring, the connections are Green (safety ground) to Pin 1 / shield, Black (120V live) to pin 2 / hot, and White (neutral) to pin 3 / cold. Easy!

In the UK and other 240V regions, you may need to attach a Power Soak or similar to achieve the desired result.

Don't actually do this, or you will cause fire and explosion and be killed by electrocution. Worse, you will damage your Helix.

• Upvote 1

There is already a hidden power amp stage in the Helix. It's simple to activate! Just wire up a custom AC-mains-to-XLR plug, and attach it to L6 Link. With standard USA wiring, the connections are Green (safety ground) to Pin 1 / shield, Black (120V live) to pin 2 / hot, and White (neutral) to pin 3 / cold. Easy!

In the UK and other 240V regions, you may need to attach a Power Soak or similar to achieve the desired result.

Don't actually do this, or you will cause fire and explosion and be killed by electrocution. Worse, you will damage your Helix.

Electrified.png?dl=1

A train going from Boston to Chicago stops in NY. 20 Helix's are taken off the train and sent to various cover gigs. At the next stop in Pittsburgh, 18 Helix's are put on. Once the train reaches Chicago, 85 Helix's in total are counted on the train. How many Helix's were on the train when it left Boston and what firmware did they all have?  

A train going from Boston to Chicago stops in NY. 20 Helix's are taken off the train and sent to various cover gigs. At the next stop in Pittsburgh, 18 Helix's are put on. Once the train reaches Chicago, 85 Helix's in total are counted on the train. How many Helix's were on the train when it left Boston and what firmware did they all have?

"That's a fargin' trick question!"

I would very much like to replicate the tone used in the song "Message in a Bottle" by the 1970s/80s British pop group The Police, but I never seem to be able to get it just right, there always seems to be something missing, or something there which shouldn't be.  Can you help?

-

I would very much like to replicate the tone used in the song "Message in a Bottle" by the 1970s/80s British pop group The Police, but I never seem to be able to get it just right, there always seems to be something missing, or something there which shouldn't be. Can you help?

-

The answer to your problem is you'll never be satisfied. You'll always find something missing and never have the skills to find it. You'll always want someone else to do it for you. It's in your nature. Now go back to your mother's basement and finish your half empty glass of bitters. 😀

• Upvote 1

The answer to your problem is you'll never be satisfied. You'll always find something missing and never have the skills to find it. You'll always want someone else to do it for you. It's in your nature. Now go back to your mother's basement and finish your half empty glass of bitters.

Wow, that's terrible, I had no idea.  Thanks.  Even worse though, I've got no mother, basement or bitters. :(  Thank God for hollis ay.  :)

-

• Upvote 1

I would very much like to replicate the tone used in the song "Message in a Bottle" by the 1970s/80s British pop group The Police, but I never seem to be able to get it just right, there always seems to be something missing, or something there which shouldn't be.  Can you help?

-

All you need to get all the way there is Andy Summers' hands. Simple, really.

All you need to get all the way there is Andy Summers' hands. Simple, really.

Well, hollis did delegate to you so I suppose that'll have to do. 

So, a good sharp axe and an opportune moment then, righty-ho.  Do you not think he'll miss them at all?  ;) 

-

Well, hollis did delegate to you so I suppose that'll have to do. 

So, a good sharp axe and an opportune moment then, righty-ho.  Do you not think he'll miss them at all?  ;)

-

Well, the Police are retired, so maybe he's done with them...

The desired effect being Helix modelling  a smoke machine :-)

Craig

Dear Hollis1003 - if that's even your real name, Abby!

My Helix has some serious attitude. It often smarts me off in front of my friends, and is very disrepectful to my wife - waking her up late at night with high volume levels, and insists I call it Felix. I hate the name Felix. It's out of control. I'm thinking about making it get a job. I took it's internet away and it nearly melted down. And it has some questionable friends that I think are a bad influence. What can I do?

Dear Hollis1003 - if that's even your real name, Abby!

My Helix has some serious attitude. It often smarts me off in front of my friends, and is very disrepectful to my wife - waking her up late at night with high volume levels, and insists I call it Felix. I hate the name Felix. It's out of control. I'm thinking about making it get a job. I took it's internet away and it nearly melted down. And it has some questionable friends that I think are a bad influence. What can I do?

You are apparently running the teenager(v19.5) firmware. You might consider upgrading. I prefer the middle aged fat guy firmware (v47.3) but the only drawback is that it keeps drinking my beverages. 

I really like this one patch but I'm afraid.  Like I see it when I scroll by but it has so many options and I'm not sure I'm ready for that.  But it's always there when I go by and it could have some neat sounds.  I just don't like making the first move.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Am I missing something?  Are there more specific instructions for the new 2.30 update?  I downloaded the HX Edit and performed the complete backup.  Just not sure where to go from here.  I also downloaded the 4mb Flash update but not sure what to do with it.  Searched but have found no help as of yet.  I don't see the new amp models.  The instructions on the download page are not very specific and do not seem to include all the necessary steps, unless I am missing something, which is entirely possible.  Thanks for any help you may have for me.

JT

Hello,

Am I missing something?  Are there more specific instructions for the new 2.30 update?  I downloaded the HX Edit and performed the complete backup.  Just not sure where to go from here.  I also downloaded the 4mb Flash update but not sure what to do with it.  Searched but have found no help as of yet.  I don't see the new amp models.  The instructions on the download page are not very specific and do not seem to include all the necessary steps, unless I am missing something, which is entirely possible.  Thanks for any help you may have for me.

JT

Did you run the Line 6 Updater to update the firmware in your unit? You need to do that, then you can open HX Edit and everything will talk to each other fine.

• Upvote 1

I was going to buy my wife a robotic vacuum for the house, but due to the user friendliness of the Helix and it's multiple connections, I'd like to try hooking up my analogue vacuum cleaner to the Helix for automation. Should I use the 4 cable method, seven cable method, or a one cable method? Which effects or amp settings will suck the most? When will Line6 make this wireless?

• Upvote 1

I was going to buy my wife a robotic vacuum for the house, but due to the user friendliness of the Helix and it's multiple connections, I'd like to try hooking up my analogue vacuum cleaner to the Helix for automation. Should I use the 4 cable method, seven cable method, or a one cable method? Which effects or amp settings will suck the most? When will Line6 make this wireless?

You may find the control voltage out (0-5VDC) will work the best. You can use the Line 6 G10 wireless, but you will need a 1/4" TS to 25 pin parallel port adapter. 

To maximize suck, start with Helix tuner on, and 4 helix on board cabinets in series. Depending on your robotic vacuum model, you may need to adjust the input impedance from auto to something closer to the impedance of a '78 Ford Pinto hubcap. That should get you close. 

• Upvote 1