Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Multiple Strymon patches per Helix patch via Snapshots?

spikey

Id like to be able to have more that one Mobius/Timeline/BigSky setting per patch, using snapshots to switch between them. AND I want Helix to be able to program and control this (and not thru some external midi controller). Is this midi wise being worked on? Or if I can already do this can someone explain exactly how, please?

Thanks...  :)

Your Strymons should have a list of MIDI PC/CC#s that control various functions within their pedals. You just need that list so you can have the snapshots call up those commands to change your Strymon presets. I am sure someone here will chime up here with EXACTLY which MIDI commands will do this. 

You can do this of course.

Instant Midi CC and PC are PER Snapshot.

So when you select a given snapshot you may send 6 different PC/CC (in the Command Center) to change patch on an external device or change a parameter. Each device should have a different midi channel (Helix =1, Mobius=2, etc) and you have the list of CCs on the manual of your device. With Strymon you can change almost everything.

Like karis said. Use the instant in command center. Make sure to shut of PC message under global.

I use the same basic idea to change channels on my Road King via the RJM gizmo or my RG16.

Easy.

If line 6 did anything right in the Helix it was their midi control!

To the point that I am switching back to a full analog rack rig and, I know it's overkill, keeping the helix purely as a midi controller.