Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Max Db Gain On Ux1 And Ux2 Physical Mic Preamps

nicky872

Greetings fellow Line 6-ers,

There does not seem to be any documentation on this, yet it seems of critical importance when deciding which interface to purchase for recording via microphone:

What is the precise maximum +dB gain provided by the physical mic preamps on the Pod Studio UX1 and UX2 respectively?

Hi,

Unfortunately I can't see any info in the Line 6 guiide. You might have already seen it somewhere else but I did see that on some reviews, it is said that the ux2 has 50 db max for mic gain. I haven't been able to find anything for the ux1 and as it is a different setup i.e. doesn't have phantom power section like the ux2, it might be a totally different preamp section.

I know that doesn't really help much as its not official and its only for the ux2, but thought I'd mention it as no-one else seems to have the info for you.

This was for the previous ux2 model but here is a link to a review:

http://www.emusician.com/prntarticle.aspx?articleid=142953

God Bless,

David

Thank you for the reply, David. It is much appreciated, even if only insofar as it confirms by priors. 

It seems odd (perhaps even disconcerting) that Line 6 does not release official information on the mic preamps in the Pod Studio devices along with other specs.  I can only surmise that the mic preamps are included in the devices more as an afterthought rather than a priority.  This is a real shame.  I still love my Pod Studio UX1, but the need for better mic preamps has finally forced me to upgrade to a Focusrite Scarlett device instead.