Peanut_951

connecting a Flextone III XL to line 6 monkey / edit

Hi everyone,

I've bought a second hand Flextone III XL, i know it's kinda old now but i hope i can still use Line 6 edit to load custom tones, but the loading bar stops at 5 seconds, and a MIDI timeout error appears.

so i spent the night trying to connect my amp to my laptop in order to update the flash memory with line 6 monkey so maybe line 6 edit would recognize it.

I looked a lot of threads on this forum, i'm using the M-audio Uno, with the manufacturer's drivers, tried the safe mode Power + A ( then only the A button lights up ), and nothing happens

monkey does recognize my amp, but when i try to update ( with "update selection" and "update from file" ), I choose the second option ( install the new default patches )  it stops at "reading existing patches" then I get the errors :

Flextone 3 Update Failed.

(Code 8000720A) failed to save patches to local disk

(Code 8000900C) MIDI Device timed out waiting for response

Try the update again, making sure the cables are still connected.

Please, tell me what more can i try, i even tried a hard reset ( A + D + Power ), downloading the 1.0 file and loading it with monkey, nothing works.

9/10 its the midi/usb cable. I use an MAudio Uno and it works with L6 gear. I learned the hard way by trying a ebay $2 special and it was driving me nuts with timeout errors. So try an M-Audio Uno. The Flex 3 still delivers the goods and is a good sounding amp when dialed in.

Hi, so some time has passed since my first post, but i'm still stuck with that problem, thank you for answering me BillBee, but i'm actually using a M-Audio Uno, any chance i can get it to work ?

I am having the same problem. I've had this Flextone III XL for years and now I'm using a newer computer and can't get the amp to connect.