Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Just got my hands on 2 red POD Pro's, can this unit be ran into my laptop for recording?

elmozappa

Audio out from pod to audio in on laptop ?

Then if that doesn't sound too good, get an external audio interface and recording software(which will probably come bundled with the interface.) Then after a period of frustrating hell dealing with latency and timing,buy a Tascam dr-40. Use that to record and overdub (no latency) and just use the computer to assemble the parts you have recorded.

Simple. :)

Ok thx very much for the reply! Have seen Audacity in operation before so will D/L it and get to work. If you could give any advice as where to find other spots like forums/FB community for help with Audacity questions. As for POD PRO to computer, the input on laptop has 1/8" MIC input, I suppose that's the only/best way to bring audio signal IN. As for Latency... these units (Line6 and Laptop) are made far beyond the dopey computer years of the 20th century. We're almost 20 years into the future. Should be able to just plug in and it track instantly. Right? I mean, shouldn't there be no probs with latency anymore?

. As for Latency... these units (Line6 and Laptop) are made far beyond the dopey computer years of the 20th century. We're almost 20 years into the future. Should be able to just plug in and it track instantly. Right? I mean, shouldn't there be no probs with latency anymore?

That made me smile. :) You would think that wouldn't you ?

You can go into the 1/8" mic input. The other way is to get an external USB Audio interface which is what i would have recommended a few years back.

Now,? Get a Tascam DR-40. It's got Stereo mic's plus two inputs. And 4-track recording. Plug it into a Pc, which will see it as an external hard drive and edit the audio files.

You can overdub as many tracks as you want until your memory cards full.

Latency ? none.

noise ? none

With on-board sound you're probably looking at 35-70ms latency. External USB soundcard with ASIO drivers, about 5-15ms.