Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V remote version (win 10) does not work!

xime54

Hi every body, 

I am using a SPIDER V 30 since 6 month, and I am almost satisfy with it.

Almost because the android app doesnt work on my phone (galaxy S6), fortunately for my it works on my old android phone (galaxy S4).

I was very happy to see there was a Windows 10 app => dowloaded it, tested it and... WTF with that??? Can't recognize the SPIDER 90% of time, when it is recognise, it crashes.... I can't test it!!

I am the only one? Any idea of what I can do?

Thanks

Maxime

• Like 2

Mine works fine on both of my Windows 10 machines as well as on a small Windows 8 tablet.  You may have a bad USB cable, but also it's not uncommon for some PC manufacturers to have USB ports that are actually hubs rather than direct ports.  That could have an effect so you might try using a different cable as well as a different port.

Thanks for your answer both of you, 

I removed the soft, update the drivers, re install the app, and it works! Fine!

Thanks

Maxime

Yes, the driver update is KEY to any problems. They should make a bold note at the Rem APP download link to also update the Win Drivers to the latest one below. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been struggling with the same issue for  a while now. 

The driver is not working with my windows 10 home edition. I have installed "Line 6 Driver2 Spider V v1.87 Installer" (the latest so far) yet still, I am getting Code1 error. I tired uninstalling and using previous drivers, result is the same. 

• 7 months later...
On 9/30/2017 at 3:13 AM, xime54 said:

I am the only one? Any idea of what I can do?

Here's what you might try, it works very well for me with the newest Windows 10 release and updates.

Uninstall the older Line 6 driver.

Install the latest Version 1.91 which was released as of 9/13/18.

Make sure that the Spider Remote software is version 1.03 released as of 6/29/18.

Also the Windows Spider Remote application still does not work with the tone cloud as of version 1.03.   Be sure to vote for this on the Idea thread:  https://line6.ideascale.com/a/index

• 4 months later...
On 10/2/2018 at 1:36 AM, SeaRefractor said:

Here's what you might try, it works very well for me with the newest Windows 10 release and updates.

Uninstall the older Line 6 driver.

Install the latest Version 1.91 which was released as of 9/13/18.

Make sure that the Spider Remote software is version 1.03 released as of 6/29/18.

Also the Windows Spider Remote application still does not work with the tone cloud as of version 1.03.   Be sure to vote for this on the Idea thread:  https://line6.ideascale.com/a/index

I can't import or load svl6p files that i have downloaded from the official custom tone site of line 6: https://line6.com/customtone/browse/spiderv/ into the spider v remote app 1.03 too. The message "Preset import failure, preset import failed, please try again" appears to me. 

Καταγραφή.PNG

I didn't even know that the Custom tone supported the Spider V yet.    I'll give this a try and let you know if I run into any issues myself. 

This may actually solve the concern of accessing the "tone cloud" from the Spider Remote PC application if these are links to all the same tone cloud presets.

UPDATE:   I'm able to save the file and then IMPORT or LOAD/SAVE.    Also, it is the files from the tone cloud.

Not sure if this is the key, but I do have the Version 1.91 Line 6 Driver2 (serial driver) installed along with the Spider Remote.   This is current at this time, but please always check to see if there is a newer version.  

Thanks a lot for helping me to find out the problem but I have the latest version of the drivers. Finally the problem was that I had saved the custom tone in an onedrive folder. I saved it on desktop and it works fine. I don't know why but I think that was the problem. Thanks a lot for one more time!!!

• 1 year later...

Hello to all!

i've a big issue here - yesterday i've update my PC from win7 to win10 - and since that my Spider 5 Remote software doesn't start. I've tried to load the newest remote software - and the newest driver - but the remote software start a short time (i can see it in the taskbar - and close after ~ 2 seconds...)

I've tried to delete it - and reinstall it many times - without a result...each time the same...

The Line 6 Updater runs well - but the Remote Software doesn't...

Is there anybode which can help me??

• 2 weeks later...

Latest version of drivers + remote not working on Win 10 Home x64. App opens for 2 seconds  and closes. Tried all of the solutions mentioned in this thread with no luck. Tried comparability mode, no go.

I have font scaling set to the default 125% (Dell Laptop)

In problem reports the app keeps closing with the following error: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

** UPDATE **

I installed v1.03 and that is working perfectly!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...