Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can we not rename Setlists in the Editor?

tjbassoon

Just like you would in any file system. Hold left button for a second and name highlights. Or right click, rename.

He Meant the Setlists, not the Presets... It doesn't look like it from my end, not from the editor.  You can rename it in the Helix, however.  Just move the Joystick to the left when you are in the setlist view so you can select which setlist you want, and there's an option to rename it.

Just like you would in any file system. Hold left button for a second and name highlights. Or right click, rename.

I have never heard of click and hold for rename before. Right click did not do it. I'll try the click and hold thing. That's really not intuitive though, at all.

• Upvote 1

I have never heard of click and hold for rename before. Right click did not do it. I'll try the click and hold thing. That's really not intuitive though, at all.

On Windows, it's not click and hold, it's just a single left click right on the name.

On Windows, it's not click and hold, it's just a single left click right on the name.

Right. When you simply left click on the name here it opens the dropdown menu. I would think a right click menu would open to say "rename" but that doesn't happen. The click and hold thing is pretty unusual (as a guy that used Linux on my own computer for years, Windows and Mac on various work computers, I've never seen this behavior before).

Right. When you simply left click on the name here it opens the dropdown menu. I would think a right click menu would open to say "rename" but that doesn't happen. The click and hold thing is pretty unusual (as a guy that used Linux on my own computer for years, Windows and Mac on various work computers, I've never seen this behavior before).

I'll have to look at it again... It's been a long time since I've used the editor, to be honest. I don't feel much need to ever since I've been using Native...

I just renamed a set list on the Helix. I don't see any way of doing it in Helix editor. I'm on vrs. 2.21. Left clicking it just brings the drop down menu to choose a different set list. Right clicking does nothing. I'm using Win 7.

Yeah, we discovered in this thread that left click and hold for 2 seconds brings up rename on the setlist name. Really not intuitive. Glad I'm not the only one!

• 2 weeks later...

No worries, the editor is going away soon for a new version based on the Native interface design....

I hope/wish that the new editor will be a complete (or mostly) mirror of the actual hardware and features, with the addition of a few features such as a notification on the main screen of the 48V phantom power status, a MIDI CC code for the selected preset (both of these also displayed on the hardware screen) and a search menu as found on Guitar Rig 4.

At the moment, I have to bend down under the desk in order access the MIDI information which defeats the purpose of an editor.

Regarding the 48V... I believe that It is dangerous for the HELIX if a dynamic microphone gets connected when the phantom power is on. It blew the microphone input on my Helix... unless it was coincidence.

There is no way to visualise if it is on or off... not until you go through 2 menus.

I hope/wish that the new editor will be a complete (or mostly) mirror of the actual hardware and features, with the addition of a few features such as a notification on the main screen of the 48V phantom power status, a MIDI CC code for the selected preset (both of these also displayed on the hardware screen) and a search menu as found on Guitar Rig 4.

At the moment, I have to bend down under the desk in order access the MIDI information which defeats the purpose of an editor.

Regarding the 48V... I believe that It is dangerous for the HELIX if a dynamic microphone gets connected when the phantom power is on. It blew the microphone input on my Helix... unless it was coincidence.

There is no way to visualise if it is on or off... not until you go through 2 menus.

Just to clarify, are you saying that turning on the Helix' internal phantom power for the Mic input may have caused the Mic input, on your Helix, to be damaged when you plugged a dynamic mic into it?

Did you ask L6 support if this was possible?

Most likely a coincidence... I think there was a bad batch of mic preamp boards that made it into some of the early Helix runs. There were a few reports of them going poof... I don't think it was related to phantom power.

Let me explain.

I have used both condenser and dynamic Mic in the past without problems.

The last time I used the Mic, which was a condenser, requiring phantom power. That was three months back.

So, I try to setup a Guitar - Vocal patch.

Plugged my Dynamic .Mic on the Helix, switched the Helix ON and heard a little pop, like static sound through my speaker.

No sound received by the Mic.

Thought it was to do with the gain setting in the Global menu. That's where I found out that the Phantom power was on.

No problem with the Mic or the lead, hence I believe the phantom power had caused the problem.

I submitted a ticket and was told to contact my vendor for repairs. I did so and it was confirmed that the Mic input had to be replaced.

I always thought that a damage would be done to a Microphone in such a case, not aware of any mixer being damaged if phantom power is used with a Dynamic Mic.

Most likely a coincidence... I think there was a bad batch of mic preamp boards that made it into some of the early Helix runs. There were a few reports of them going poof... I don't think it was related to phantom power.

Mine was purchase last May.

How do people know when their Helix were built?

I also had that problem with my Helix. I had used the mic input just fine and then one day used a condenser and forgot to turn phantom off before unplugging it and plugging in a dynamic. My mic pre in the Helix no longer worked and I had to send it off for repairs.  While there may have been bad mic pre's that randomly blew out I find it interesting that at least two of us had it happen following the exact same steps. Maybe there is something happening when unplugging a mic with phantom on or plugging something in with phantom on? From this day forward, I will never turn the Helix's phantom on again....