Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Distorted and clean in parallel

Pompeysie

I know I'm just being thick but can anyone tell me how to setup a patch which means I can have clean and distorted/overdriven guitar in parallel (i.e. so they play at the same time as if I  had two amps in parallel, one clean and one dirty).

Thanks

Simon

I know I'm just being thick but can anyone tell me how to setup a patch which means I can have clean and distorted/overdriven guitar in parallel (i.e. so they play at the same time as if I  had two amps in parallel, one clean and one dirty).

Thanks

Simon

Set up path 1 with a clean amp and whatever else you want in that path. Then on path 2 set up a completely different amp that is overdriven, with whatever other effects you want. Set both paths with the guitar input, and the same outputs. Now you are playing both at the same time. 

• 4 years later...

Hello.  first post.  I know this is an old thread, but i just got my helix a few days ago.

I see this thread deals with dual tones.

My question is, i am recording and need to record my dist tone and a clean tone at the same time.

If i setup the Helix like in this thread, can i record both tones at the same time using different outputs?  

is there a 2nd output channel to record from in the Helix?

Any help would be appreciated.  thanks.

Edited by spacedye
spelling error

On 5/21/2022 at 3:15 AM, spacedye said:

Hello.  first post.  I know this is an old thread, but i just got my helix a few days ago.

I see this thread deals with dual tones.

My question is, i am recording and need to record my dist tone and a clean tone at the same time.

If i setup the Helix like in this thread, can i record both tones at the same time using different outputs?  

is there a 2nd output channel to record from in the Helix?

Any help would be appreciated.  thanks.

Hi,

If you only need to have a clean and distorted tone while recording, the the easiest solution is to set up your Helix to record both the processed (distorted) tone and a completely clean unprocessed D.I. signal simultaneously in your DAW. That way you can re-amp the direct injected unprocessed audio back through your Helix hardware and re-record the new tone in your DAW.

This technique is even easier if you buy a copy of the Helix Native plug-in for your DAW, enabling you to re-amp as many different options as you wish, without having to reconfigure your hardware inputs. If you have recently bought and registered your Helix, you are entitled to buy Native at a discount price of $99.99.

Information regarding re-amping can be found in the Helix 3.0 Owner’s Manual- Rev F - English -  USB Audio - Pages 68-71.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3f041b611d61cac763b/application/pdf/Helix 3.0 Owner's Manual - Rev F - English .pdf

Here’s Pete Thorn with a brief demo using Logic Pro.

Here’s a video from Jason Sadites showing re-amping in action with Reaper and Cubase.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Edited by datacommando
Added link