brettchinery

Help with univibe

Hi - I am shooting for the Hendrix/Trower blues/rock uni-vibe type tone

Anyone care to recommend some actual knob settings to get into the ballpark - also is it best to be mono into amp block or go stereo after?

Any help gratefully received - thanks 

If you want to sound like them put it before. Listen to Bridge Of Sighs to get Trower's main speed rate. It goes well with Hendrix

The "Lamp Bias" is a surprisingly important parameter in this effect. Lower it to reduce the over-presence of the "swooshes" in the vibe sweep. I run mine with the Lamp Bias at 3.1, Intensity at 7.2, mix at 50% with the rate controlled by an external expression pedal, and always in front of the amp. This is one of my favorite effects in Helix. Hope that helps get you where you're trying to be!

• Upvote 3

The "Lamp Bias" is a surprisingly important parameter in this effect. Lower it to reduce the over-presence of the "swooshes" in the vibe sweep. I run mine with the Lamp Bias at 3.1, Intensity at 7.2, mix at 50% with the rate controlled by an external expression pedal, and always in front of the amp. This is one of my favorite effects in Helix. Hope that helps get you where you're trying to be!

great - many thanks for your advice

Thank you fellas for both the original post (a question I would have asked as my very first post right down to the punctuation marks) and for the pointers.I am Univibing tonite!