Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Acoustic guitar with line 6 spider?

Duffin

I am buying an acoustic guitar with pickups ( Martin or Taylor ) ...undecided.

If I want to play it  plugged in. I have been told I have to have an acoustic amp

I have a Spider Jam, does anyone use a line 6 amp with an acoustic guitar?

I have read the guitar will sound better with the acoustic amp but a regular amp will "work"

I have also read if the guitar is plugged through a PA or unmodified amp it works best tone wise.

I wonder if the acoustic could be plugged through the Mic jack on the Spider Jam to achieve this

any ideas?

Thanks

DuFf

• 4 weeks later...

I am buying an acoustic guitar with pickups ( Martin or Taylor ) ...undecided.

If I want to play it  plugged in. I have been told I have to have an acoustic amp

I have a Spider Jam, does anyone use a line 6 amp with an acoustic guitar?

I have read the guitar will sound better with the acoustic amp but a regular amp will "work"

I have also read if the guitar is plugged through a PA or unmodified amp it works best tone wise.

I wonder if the acoustic could be plugged through the Mic jack on the Spider Jam to achieve this

any ideas?

Thanks

DuFf

I've used the mic jack with my Ibanez exotic wood  acoustic/electric with piezo since it has an XLR out. I also tried the 1/4" out of the Ibanez into the Aux input on my Spider Jam. Both sounded good to me. It did take me a little bit to adjust the guitar's controls. I backed off the bass quite a bit until I learned not to pick the bass string too hard.

Thanks...I have since purchased a Taylor 314ce and have played through the Spiders 1/4 aux jack and works fine.
Another kijiji buy was a zoom G1Xon effects pedal for the acoustic.
Some different effects than the Spider at a touch with finger or toe.
Saves bending over and running through the effects on the amp.

Love the Taylor by the way......

Cheers

DuFf

• 2 months later...