Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tube amp using Firehawk1500 built-in effects ???

SciFi

Hey

I'm wondering if I could connect my Firehawk1500 with a classic tube amp to use tube amp preamp channel/distortion, then Firehawk1500 effects, then again signal back to tube amp and his speaker cabinet.

I could imagine a signal chain like this:

Guitar into Tubeamp Guitar in -> tubeamp effect send into firehawk guitar in ( no amp selection in firehawk ) -> mod/dly/rvb/others active in firehawk -> fx loop on -> fx send -> tubeamp effects return -> tube amp amplification and finally tube amp speakers.

Would that be possible? Or is it just theoretical and in the end it would sound horrible? What about the signal level from tube amp fx send into firehawk guitar in plug? Is that a NO GO or are there other problems I don't know of?

Second thought was, using the signal chain from above and additionally using the firehawk as a monitor from the PA.

What are your thoughts? THX

Simon

• 3 weeks later...

I got my helix running into my Firehawk 1500 and than another line into the poweramp of my Dt50 and a wireless split before the helix that goes into it and into the front of the dt50. It is overkill but so sweet.

I got my helix running into my Firehawk 1500 and than another line into the poweramp of my Dt50 and a wireless split before the helix that goes into it and into the front of the dt50. It is overkill but so sweet.

Wow, I could try that with my FH1500 and DT25