Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT and Acoustic Guitar

Jack2Chat

Hello Everyone                                

I am considering buying the Helix LT. I have no place locally to try it out.

I play solid body guitar, but I also play a lot of acoustic guitars, Is there a way I can just use the FX in the helix without assigning preamps or amp simulators? I do not want to color the sound of my acoustic guitars. Just want to use the FX, reverb, delay chorus, etc.

Thanks for any replies,

Jack

I use Helix regularly in my acoustic band, No Worries. I use a Martin 00CAE acoustic guitar into a Helix patch which has an IR for acoustic body modeling. I also use another patch for mandolin and another for my JTV-69S. One thing I use a lot is the Teemah! block to warm up the mandolin and provide some nice sustain for more bluesy solos. I also use this when playing slid mandolin. Helix has been really great for me in this project because of the wide range of instruments and styles it supports.

i just set up a patch for acoustic recently- using 2 paths.. one for the piezo/preamp from the guitar (into helix thru a return) and the other for a fishman mag/soundhole pickup..(in thru the guitar input) This is a really nice blend with the magnetic pickup supplying some thickness and bottom and the piezo, a fairly natural acoustic sound (it's a high end maton guitar, i think one of the models tommy emmanuel used to play before he got his own model and it is their own pickup system, not a usual piezo) I'm really happy with the sound :)