Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT bank footswitches

RandallSG

Does anyone know if there is an option to light the color rings around the up and down bank switches of the Helix LT? Either I am blind no pun intended to find the option to highlight the color rings in the menu or the option does not exist which seems like a major fail as the bank switches are hard to see when playing in dark rooms and stages.

• 1 month later...

After messing around with the pedal edit mode the FS1 and FS7 up and down foot switches do have LED's. They light up to highlight a parameter to edit when editing using the expression pedal to change parameters in the pedal edit mode. Unfortunately there is no option in the Helix LT of turning the LED's on to make the up and down switches more visible in dark settings.

• 2 years later...
5 hours ago, firehawkkwah said:

Any update to this problem?

Hi again,

I have an Helix floor model and the PRESET UP DOWN foot switch LED ring lights don't illuminate either. They do light up when I switch their function in the Global settings to10 switches. It's a feature of the design, just like the the MODE and TAP/TUNER don't light up during general use. They don't light up when simply used for going up/down swapping between presets, banks or snapshots, but I really don't understand why it's a problem. I know that the UP switch is on the top row and the DOWN switch is on the bottom row, unless I use the swap function in the Global settings, then the opposite applies. Easy!

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Not really  "problem" per se. 

Some of my presets/snaps do not have all the pedals lit up. In fact, with Preset/Snaps, sometimes only 1 or 2 switches are illuminated. 

When it's dark or I'm looking peripherally it's not always immediately apparent where the other switches are. Having a :curb" or "side of the road" would make it easier. 

I'd probably have FS1 and FS7 always on, white. That way I'd have a better reference.

Again, not really a problem, but also if the LEDs are there, why NOT give someone the ability to have them on or off if they want? It's probably a few lines of code and an option from Global: "Have Bank Up/Down illuminated? Y/N"  Could do the same with Mode. 

I'd have those on all the time for "guardrails" so I could have a better idea of what I'm looking at when it's dark. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2020 at 5:26 AM, firehawkkwah said:

Not really  "problem" per se. 

Some of my presets/snaps do not have all the pedals lit up. In fact, with Preset/Snaps, sometimes only 1 or 2 switches are illuminated. 

When it's dark or I'm looking peripherally it's not always immediately apparent where the other switches are. Having a :curb" or "side of the road" would make it easier. 

I'd probably have FS1 and FS7 always on, white. That way I'd have a better reference.

Again, not really a problem, but also if the LEDs are there, why NOT give someone the ability to have them on or off if they want? It's probably a few lines of code and an option from Global: "Have Bank Up/Down illuminated? Y/N"  Could do the same with Mode. 

I'd have those on all the time for "guardrails" so I could have a better idea of what I'm looking at when it's dark. 

You can assign colors for empty snapshots and then in GLOBAL SETTINGS set the LEDs mode to dimmed/bright so that all of them are lighten. You can try using the same color for empty snapshots and some other colors for those you actually use. That's how I do it at least :)

• 5 months later...