Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cloud tones down?

alcarvalho

I stopped playing for a while and didn't use my Amplifi much for the past months. Then 3 weeks ago I took my guitar out to play for a while and noticed that when I try to find anything on the Cloud tone tab nothing is ever found. I thought that the servers might be down this one day and didn't worry too much.

Today I tried to play again and was searching for tones on the cloud tab and, again, nothing is found. I tried terms that use to have a lot of results like "Iron Maiden", "Petrucci", "Blues", "Metal" and nada!

Is there something wrong with the tones server? Was is taken down?

Thanks,

-a

• Upvote 2

• 4 months later...

What platform are you using -- iOS or Android? 

I don't use the remote app often, and, when I do, I almost always use the Android version on my phone, rather than the iOS version on my iPad. 

The last time -- about a month ago -- that I started the app on my iPad, I noticed that all of my tones were also missing. Rather than trying to figure out what happened, I just grabbed my phone and verified that my tones weren't missing from there, as well.

Wondering if it has something to do with the fact that I can't run the most recent version of the iPad app because it's a 3rd generation device that is limited to iOS 9.3.5. I believe the current iOS is at 11, which my device will never be able to run.  Maybe Line 6 made a change that has knocked portions of the older version out-of-the-water...

Did you try to log out and log in again? Given the forum had lots of troubles lately, I just think that it cleared all its session cache/simply doesn't recognize you anymore. So if tone search/match doesn't work, try that.

(although "my tones" is stored on the phone/tablet, at least on Android)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

try clearing your cache.  On a PC it is easy, Microsoft is delete temporary internet files.  Chrome is clear browsing History.  On Android, it is in settings and somewhere in memory/storage settings.. cant remember the exact settings but essentially it is clearing the temporary data from apps.  There might(should!) be a way to do it on Apple crap as well.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...