Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Editor Issues

k-grimm403

Hey Everyone,

I just got a new laptop and have tried editing my helix on the editor but I am having an issue with display/response. If I hover my mouse over a preset name and click on it it actually selects the preset above the one I’m trying to select. This happens on everything on the screen and has become a huge pain to use. I have tried changing resolution of screen and even compatibility mode in the application preferences but nothing has worked.

Anyone out there know a fix?

Thanks in advanced

Could be related to your computer or even a virus but the first thing I would do is check to make sure the firmware version on your Helix and the Editor's version are properly matched. Did you do a global reset after your last upgrade? It seems as if the "library" function in the Editor is not synching properly to the banks on the Helix.

I’m doubting it’s a virus currently as this is the only thing affected among other things. It could be that control doesn’t play nice with my computer. I did do a global reset last update and I can control the helix just fine so I don’t think it’s an issue with the helix itself.

The control application is the only thing with any issue it can be functionally used its just in order to click on something you have to hover below it by one button which becomes annoying. Also this happens on any control for only this application effects/choosing blocks/presets/Save etc. it appears to be a resolution type issue but I haven’t been able to figure it out

I’m doubting it’s a virus currently as this is the only thing affected among other things. It could be that control doesn’t play nice with my computer. I did do a global reset last update and I can control the helix just fine so I don’t think it’s an issue with the helix itself.

The control application is the only thing with any issue it can be functionally used its just in order to click on something you have to hover below it by one button which becomes annoying. Also this happens on any control for only this application effects/choosing blocks/presets/Save etc. it appears to be a resolution type issue but I haven’t been able to figure it out

Hadn't considered a resolution or graphics card issue although that could well be it. Seems weird that it is only affecting the Helix Editor though.

Found a work around that sort of works. If anyone else is having this problem this is what I did.

-Right click on application

-on drop down that pops up click on properties

-click on compatablity tab

-check the Overide high DPI scaling behavior box

-on the drop down below choose System (Enhanced)

-open application

-minimize(as in not full screen) the application box

-adjust the application box so it fits half the screen VERTICALLY. horizontal size does not matter

It’s a PITA and makes it so I have to be at an external monitor to be able to see, but hopefully the new editor update will fix the application. Thanks for everyone’s suggestions so far you guys are awesome. If anyone has a better fix please let me now

@k-grimm403:

Although not a remedy for your current scenario, release of the new Helix Edit program is expected soon. It will accompany Helix Core (firmware) 2.30. The existing Helix Editor will no longer work with the forthcoming 2.30 firmware. Line 6 has not indicated a specified release date. Arrival has been depicted as being on final approach; perhaps in the next few weeks.

If you are unable to resolve your current scenario, contact Line 6 Support. Perhaps they may have an interim remedy.