Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Dream Rig!

Hey guys just an intro. My dream rig is on its way from sweetwater. I have never been so excited about new gear!

I ordered

JTV-59 tobacco

Pod hd500x with gig bag

Stage source L2t speaker with bag

Variax cable

L6 cable

Will post initial thoughts once it arrives!

Just one cautionary note: this setup might take some time to get used to. I wouldn't commit myself to using it in a live situation so quickly. I would plan to use my current setup until I had more time to familiarize myself with the new system and get some good gig-ready tones. That may not happen immediately.

Congrats,

I just completed my rig as well.  You will be amazed at how good it sounds......

One cautionary note.   Set the volume level of the L2t to 1 or 2 before you power up.  Remember you are using 800 w.  Also, know that the master volume on the POD is disabled.  So the only way to control overall volume is at the L2t master volume.

I got mine on thursday and gigged on saturday.  When I got it up and running, after blowing out my eardrums.  It took me awhile to accept that the master volume was disabled.  Once I understood that feature, I created a two fold plan.

1.  To get my patches at a level that the L2t could use and not be too loud I lowered every patch by 6db

2.  Then I went to individual patches and fixed some obvious issues, The good L2t's clarity will really highlight problem patches.  For the first time i have really heard fizz.

Good luck

Hey guys just an intro. My dream rig is on its way from sweetwater. I have never been so excited about new gear!

I ordered

JTV-59 tobacco

Pod hd500x with gig bag

Stage source L2t speaker with bag

Variax cable

L6 cable

Will post initial thoughts once it arrives!

gonna love it i bought a used dt 50 ,the hd500x just got L2m .. had the axe fx 2 before diggin the dream rig alot better

Just did my first session at church today. Went awesome! My favorite part was programming the custom 1 bank on the variax for virtual capo 1-5 so cool. I'm still waiting on my L2t so I can get in deep into programming tones on the pod hd. But so far so awesome!