Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Control external gear via MIDI in snapshot mode?

Josh_guitarreiru

Hi all,

I was wondering if it is possible to control external gear via MIDI with Helix  in snapshot mode? I would like to select a snapshot and in that snapshot select the correct program on a Whammy pedal and activate it. I've tried it but I got no success.

I remind have read somewhere in the manual that controlling MIDI devices is only abailable in stombox mode? this seems unlogical to me as at least in preset mode should be able to do it, but not sure about snapshot mode...

Thanks!

Yep, it can be done... You can send up to six Instant Commands per snapshot and/or preset change. Just go to the Command Center in each snapshot and select one of the lightning bolt icons and set up the PC message you want to be sent there. I control both the Strymon Mobius and BigSky this way.

• Upvote 1

I have only worked with the latest Helix firmware, so keep that in mind, but this is definitely possible.

Go to the Command Center, and select one of the Instant Access slots (the ones with the little lightning bolt icons).  Select a snapshot (use the footswitch for that snapshot).  Now put in the MIDI command you want that snapshot to send using the knobs below the screen.

Then select another snapshot (using it's switch), and put in the MIDI command for that snapshot.  Continue for the rest of the snapshots you want to use.  As you switch between snapshots, you should see the various commands you have put in for each on the bottom line of the display.

Now SAVE the preset!  That should do it for you!

• Upvote 1

Yep, it can be done... You can send up to six Instant Commands per snapshot and/or preset change. Just go to the Command Center in each snapshot and select one of the lightning bolt icons and set up the PC message you want to be sent there. I control both the Strymon Mobius and BigSky this way.

Hi, Phil - could you post the preset, for this?

Many thank in advance.