Sign in to follow this  
blackhawk8863

Pro X Balanced/Unablanced Outputs

I just got a HD Pro X in the mail, and I'm looking at all of the 1/4" outputs, which when examined with a flashlight appear to be TRS jacks even though at least two are labeled as "Unablanced Output". Also, I plugged in a TRS cable and hooked up the other end to a multimeter between all combinations of tip, ring, and sleeve to see if any of them complete a circuit when connected, which none of the combinations did.

Are all of the 1/4" outputs balanced even though some are labeled as being unbalanced?

Thank you

There appears to be three contacts in each 1/4" jack, including the guitar and phones on the front. I would expect that on the headphones connector since it's stereo, but why would all of the other outputs as well as the guitar input have three contacts?

I would take the labelling at face value. It's possible that by just using the same type of socket they save a bit on production costs, and the extra pin doesn't get soldered to anything.