Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Today I got the SD power stage 170

cgar18

so far it sounds pretty freaking good with my helix.I have to play with it some more with just the effects but when I use the helix amps and cabs it works well with the 170.I have it going thru a blackstar 212 cabinet,I forget the model its a low price one but it sounds good.I also own 2 mackie thumps 112 and im doing an a  b comparison and the 170 once again sounds good. I alos have an SD pickup booster going thru the helix fx loop that pedal adds so much to the sound I freaking love it.

post-800578-0-12282600-1507946476_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

It looks like a very good power amp. I've been considering one of these myself. Are you going to be using it with a band? One of my concerns is the power level.

well im using it at home with out a amp and cab sim it needs to be turned up a bit with an amp and cab sim it gets prettty loud. Ill try it again during the day and see if it gets loud. it seems to be loud enough,then again the band I played with I was able to use a 112 marshall and played a decent size bar.If not there is the 700.

It looks like a very good power amp. I've been considering one of these myself. Are you going to be using it with a band? One of my concerns is the power level.

ok well first day playing it more and yes it gets loud Im sure it will be good for mid size bars anything bigger with this and a helx im sure you will be runnin it to foh and this will be good for backline.If you band plays louder than this thing then they need a good talking to hahaha.I never played with a band that was really loud we were old school break down the volume when vocals are going then bring it up duirng chorus and solos but not overpowering.Blasting in a bar just creates a wall of sound not music.

• 3 weeks later...

I just recently purchased the powerstage 700. It's pretty much all I'll ever need. lol22157914_332545687157105_889834082613277

Enjoy I really like my 170 I almost bought the 700 but I wasnt really sure if my 212 would have handled it.The 170 is plenty loud and if I ever get another 212 I might get the 700.I have a helix patch with just some effects and it sounds good thru the 170. I usally use a sim amp and cab they all sound great.