Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hooking Up Synth To Pod Hd Desktop?

robmlisanti

How it sounds (i.e. good or not) depends a lot on what you want to do with the hookup. Are you planning to process the sound from your keys, or do you just want to pass the Keyboard output through the HD Desktop, mixed with your guitar and/or vocals, to something like a mixer or PA?

I have hooked up an old Casio keyboard (not a synth) to my POD HD desktop, partly to use the POD as an interface to get some keyboard parts onto a couple of tracks I was working on but I also experimented using the fx from the POD to "edit" the on board tones of the Keyboard.

Using the POD as an interface worked very well - no problems at all (not that I expected any since it's a fairly simple process.

Using the POD to alter the on board tones was a little hit and miss (some of the fx didn't track too well or react as expected with a "non-guitar" signal) though I did get some fantastic sounds using some of the modulation/delay & reverb fx and a few of the filter fx (used sparingly).

I'm a big Gary Numan fan and was able to get close to the "classic" Cars string sound (Polymoog Vox Humana) and some of his more recent "Virus" faux analogue synth sounds ( Numan famously created a lot of his early synth tones by putting the synths through Guitar fx pedals so perhaps this is why I got close to the tones I was after).

I.also put some basic percussion/drum loops through the POD and got some interesting results.

I currently own the UX-1 And I have a Korg Microstation and a NOvation Ultranova I use the 2 Outputs on the Keys to the 2 Inputs on the UX-1 and get great stereo seperation , The POD HD Desktop only has the Guitar input so Im gonna need a Y Cable, I usually just use my Keys for sound into my Riffworks program ( dont really need to add effects)

Just using the POD to get your synth sounds onto your DAW (Riffworks) should work fine - though I'm not certain ( i'm not all that tech savvie) but wouldn't using the Y cable into the POD cause your stereo signals to be "summed" to mono?

Someone who is a bit more of a "Teccie-bod" might be able to figure that out.