Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Input lost power Stagescape

Dear Stagescape user.

I am using the SC now 3 years. Very pleased with. It is more than disappointing that there is no update. However, Yamaha / Line6 is committed to being an unreliable partner. It is not bread we have bought.

The following problem:

I put my singing voice on Channel 1. If some rehearsals are correct, please note that the power of this channel is gone. More volume can not, it overrides. If I completely delete this input and create a new line of song input, it is resolved. But for how long?

Last week I had the same problem with my keyboard input on channels 13 and 14. No power, at least very soft. Channel 13 and 14 removed, new stereo input made, after which it was resolved. Very ruined if this happens during an event. Does anyone recognize this problem? Do I do something wrong, should I set something else?

Thanks for thinking about it.

Sincerely,

Henk

The Netherlands

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Hank,

Yes this is a common and known problem. There are a few older threads here that will take you through what you (probably) need to do to cure it, together with one that even has pictures of a bad earth fix. It does involve opening your mixer up, so make sure that, you are confident enough, and back all your data up before you start. If I can find the threads I'll put a link on here. We have found that if you turn the master off to avoid damaging your speakers, then turn the offending channels trim encoder flat out a couple of times it can be a "quick" fix whilst onstage, but it's not good practice, and doesn't always clear the issue.

Quadcabby

Quadcabby

Thank you for your answer. For me, this is just outside the warranty period. I asked the dealer to be coulant, just two months left. I have had this problem for several months, but I did not think that this problem is much bigger and that many who bought this product have the same problem. I feel a bit sleepy with this product. Bad support, no updates, bugs. In short, Line6 and Yamaha do not earn credits from loyal customers.

Do I understand that it can be solved? Open the box, and go through what has been described in the link. Can I not reckon anything else, even though it's just buten's warranty? Ultimately, the product does not fit.
I hope Line6 will read and come up with a solution, possibly that I can send it to a repairer in the Netherlands / Germany.

Thanks for thinking about it.
Henk Speulman
The Netherlands

I wouldn't hold your breath on a "fix" as it's usually a contact issue inside the mixer and needs disassembly to cure, but yes Quadcabby's correct it can normally be fixed but if you're not happy opening the box, find someone who is! 

As to future upgrades etc I was talking to a guy at Andertons here in the UK, who have the the M20ds on offer at £699.00. He reckons when they're gone there are no more coming to the UK. When you look at Yamahas TF series and how close the presets and general screen similarity is to the M20d, I think it unlikely he was spinning me a line. Why would Yamaha have a company they own, and to whose technology they already have access, spend money on R&D and creation of a product that could potentially rival their own line of mixing desks, at a lower price point? 

The QSC Touchmix 30 seems a good bet as a reliable alternative at the right money, and with more flexibility re auxs etc. Time will tell I guess. There's been no official announcement and I think the Line 6 Link will be relegated to guitar related products, if kept at all.

Wow that is a good price - nobody else seems to have spotted that; everybody else is still Â£1,199.00

Touchmix 16 is closest in price (£32 more) and spec to M20d (equal or better on everything except L6 Link)

10 aux outs and it doesn't need additional hardware for WiFi remote control, records to USB and it now version 3 firmware.

It even comes with a case at that price.

I know that it is a later generation tech and highly influenced by the M20d innovation, but it is an active product while the M20d is not

• Upvote 1

Right. It is more than outrageous how to deal with us as a customer. We have spent a lot of money on this product, but the product does not meet the minimum requirements.

I have now offered this product for repair to the dealer in the Netherlands with whom I bought it. Yamaha is going to look at the complaint now. I hope to be coulant with me because this mixer is one month from the warranty period. Although the complaint lasted for a year, I did not realize that this was the big problem.

QSC, yes wonderful stuff. I have the active speakers, top and bass box. Beautiful sound. Very nice to complement this with QSC mixer, but hope that you can repair the Stagescape. Otherwise, it is a big issue again.

• 1 month later...

Farewell to the stagescape.

Chanels also fell out with me. With all the information from this site how that can be solved, I finally sent my stagescape to the company where I bought it in the Netherlands. even though the device was out of warranty for one month, the return was resounding, after which I made the internship and got it back in my possession without any repair costs. I then swapped the internship directly. I bought a QSC 16 touch mix. I have no confidence in the stagescape anymore. The failure of channels can return again. I was very happy with the stagescape. The concept is perfect and I have put a lot of time to get to know the device. As line6 and yamaha have not proved reliable in their support, I have unfortunately said goodbye. Outrageous that no updates came, although that was promised. The concept of the stagescape was perfect. Not the follow-up. We are tempted to pay a lot of money, which was not rewarded with good support and updates. I'm sorry.

Users of the stagescape I wish good luck.

greeting Henk

The Netherlands