Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

The Police tone on a Helix

TheBreakneck

In the original post, I think he overlaid his guitar track over the Synchronicity tune. It sounds similar to the original track. 

Almost. I actually did it over the original backing track. You won't hear Andy's guitar on it since that can conflict with my attempt and give a false impression of how close I got.

• Downvote 1

Almost. I actually did it over the original backing track. You won't hear Andy's guitar on it since that can conflict with my attempt and give a false impression of how close I got.

But in a previous post you said, “What if I told you... Andy Summers was the one playing on the demonstration I postedâ€

But I'm not a troll. I just replicated the most sought after tone in history and want acknowledgement of it.

Most sought after? By you, perhaps. You alone don’t equate as ‘most’. Don’t hold your breath for that acknowledgement. It’s not coming.

Listening to the isolated track above, it's clear that the recording was tracked all over the place.

The original post at the begining is not that impressive tone wise. It sounds nothing like Andy Summers.

Anyway, this song (Great as it is!) does not demonstrate the classic early Police guitar tone.

Anyone with single coils and a clean amp can add a compressor, Electric Mistress and analog delay to get REALLY close to Summers' sound.

It's the flanger that is the secret. Sadly the Helix Electric Mistress is terrible, making it difficult to copy Andy's tone convincingly.

Listening to the isolated track above, it's clear that the recording was tracked all over the place.

The original post at the begining is not that impressive tone wise. It sounds nothing like Andy Summers.

Anyway, this song (Great as it is!) does not demonstrate the classic early Police guitar tone.

Anyone with single coils and a clean amp can add a compressor, Electric Mistress and analog delay to get REALLY close to Summers' sound.

It's the flanger that is the secret. Sadly the Helix Electric Mistress is terrible, making it difficult to copy Andy's tone convincingly.

You should probably get your ears checked. Without the multiple guitar tracks on the original recording as you correctly point out, my recording is as close as it will ever get.

This is the same OP guy from the last Andy Summers thread. This thread was his first post and the attitude is pretty much the same. His profile is the same. The video is the same. The Andy Summers is the last thread you posted under itslash and this is the first thing you've posted under TheBreakneck. You're busted and not very clever. As your last Andy Summers thread proved. Deny it all you want (and you will), I know that's who you are. You could have at least put some false info into your profile. By the way, your tone is further away than the ones offered on your last Andy Summers thread itsslash, TheBreakneck or whatever other name you want to use.

This is the same OP guy from the last Andy Summers thread. This thread was his first post and the attitude is pretty much the same. His profile is the same. The video is the same. The Andy Summers is the last thread you posted under itslash and this is the first thing you've posted under TheBreakneck. You're busted and not very clever. As your last Andy Summers thread proved. Deny it all you want (and you will), I know that's who you are. You could have at least put some false info into your profile. By the way, your tone is further away than the ones offered on your last Andy Summers thread itsslash, TheBreakneck or whatever other name you want to use.

I do wish the admins here would be more heavy handed on stuff like this from time to time.

or sad because Andy couldn't dial in his Helix to his satisfaction..

Man, you love getting involved in every bit of this crap that goes on around here, dont you. You just love being involved in any  bickering orgoing back and forth, whatever. This forum, that forum, if theres drama involved, you are there!

• Downvote 2

Man, you love getting involved in every bit of this crap that goes on around here, dont you. You just love being involved in any bickering orgoing back and forth, whatever. This forum, that forum, if theres drama involved, you are there!

In which other form have I been bickering? Sure I jump on this guy's back whenever he decides to change his name and crawl back out from under the rock of which his mother pays the rent, but come on...

Face it! You're jealous that you can't ward off the trolls as good as me! I deserve an award! :P

Because we are still here. I bet if no one replies he'll go away

Correct. The only solution is to not engage him, or post in this thread at all (this'll be my last one), even if addressing someone else. Otherwise it'll never end, because you're giving him exactly what he wants: attention.