Sign in to follow this  
jonperry4

Midi in behaving strangely

Is it possible to use the midi in/thru on the Helix to feed midi notes to a soft synth on my computer via a usb connection?  I got it all hooked up to the midi send on my keyboard and my DAW was only recognizing one note/chord every 5-6 seconds.  It would ignore all other input in the interim.  

If anyone has a walkthrough on how to set this up I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

So, if I understand you correctly, you’re essentially trying to use the Helix as a midi interface. Not sure how much of the full midi spec it actually supports. If it doesn’t support note data, that would be a problem.

That's it exactly.  I (perhaps foolishly!) figured that if it worked as an audio interface, it might work as a midi interface as well.  

This might be a question for Line6 support. Or maybe check out the midi implementation chart (if there is one) in the back of the manual.

I just checked the manual and nothing there mentions midi note data. I think the Helix deals with patch change and controller data and not much else.

On a similar note, I was trying a Strymon app which works great with the pedals connected to my pc midi but I can't get it to work using the Helix midi ports over USB.

Craig