Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HELIX, When will we get a new firmware update??

MarkJarvis

With "awesome" fx like stereo width, the least of my worries is when the new firmware is coming out. I dont think id go around tooting my horn about that one.I dont even know if id call that an effect. Id probably just call it a gift or a bonus or something.

With "awesome" fx like stereo width, the least of my worries is when the new firmware is coming out. I dont think id go around tooting my horn about that one.I dont even know if id call that an effect. Id probably just call it a gift or a bonus or something.

Which is why DI said this block wasn't a new effect, but rather just a "utility block"...

DI said this block wasn't a new effect, but rather just a "utility block"...

It would be nice if, instead of having to look for them on any other forum those kinds of announcements or hints were posted on L6's own forum.

Sounds coherent, right?

• Upvote 2

These threads never disappoint...there's nothing more invigorating on a bright clear morning than (yet another) rousing performance of Whiny McMozart's "Firmware's Lament in C minor". ;)

Hahahaha.... Whinny McMozart "Firmware`s Lament in C minor" Hahaha... That was very good... I`m still lamenting, though. Hahaha.

It IS taking a rather long time. 

You know what is taking an EVEN LONGER time? Any substantial new content updates from pretty much every other modeling company in the biz! Fractal hasn't added a new amp to the Axe-FX/AX8 since around the same time2.20 dropped. And they don't have a 7 amp, 7 FX update pending, either. All Cliff has teased for their next update is a new memory Man pedal model and Darkglass B7K model - both of which we already have in Helix.

I believe Kemper's last big update - delays - was around this time last year.

Ask Amplifire users when was the last time they got firmware with new content. Headrush has had, what, one amp model added since they launched in the summer? 

Boss? Digitech? Zoom? ISP Theta? You can practically hear those names echoing because there's nothing but tumbleweed and crickets in terms of afterrelease content being added to their flagship products.

Meanwhile, Line 6 has a load of goodness ready to roll as soon as the *&^!%!*%$##@!&ing new editor decides to behave and makes it out of testing. 

We're getting the best of it....trust me.

• Upvote 4

December?!?!?!? Argghghgh, Rabble, Rabble, Rabble.  :D

On  a serious note - 

Sure I have a few specific requests, but honestly I am just really happy that we have an update in the pipeline with 7 amps, 7FX coming.  I am  even more happy that it doesn't look like it will be the last one either!

Question: I assume that the updates will be universal for the Helix platform. Meaning Native, will get the same updates (at the same time) as Rack, Floor, and LT do? Or are we still not quite to update parity?

It IS taking a rather long time.

You know what is taking an EVEN LONGER time? Any substantial new content updates from pretty much every other modeling company in the biz! Fractal hasn't added a new amp to the Axe-FX/AX8 since around the same time2.20 dropped. And they don't have a 7 amp, 7 FX update pending, either. All Cliff has teased for their next update is a new memory Man pedal model and Darkglass B7K model - both of which we already have in Helix.

I believe Kemper's last big update - delays - was around this time last year.

Ask Amplifire users when was the last time they got firmware with new content. Headrush has had, what, one amp model added since they launched in the summer?

Boss? Digitech? Zoom? ISP Theta? You can practically hear those names echoing because there's nothing but tumbleweed and crickets in terms of afterrelease content being added to their flagship products.

Meanwhile, Line 6 has a load of goodness ready to roll as soon as the *&^!%!*%$##@!&ing new editor decides to behave and makes it out of testing.

We're getting the best of it....trust me.

Stop ruining our pity-party with logic! My free stuff should have been here by now...;)

No one knows, man. It could be this coming Tuesday. It could be 15 Tuesdays from now.

That's what kills me about these discussions...nobody knows, except the select few who ain't talking. It's never been any different, and it'll never change. Yet I suspect the same question will continue to be asked until the end of time. Baffling...may as well be asking for nude photos of Ernest Borgnine...;)

That's what kills me about these discussions...nobody knows, except the select few who ain't talking. It's never been any different, and it'll never change. Yet I suspect the same question will continue to be asked until the end of time. Baffling...may as well be asking for nude photos of Ernest Borgnine... ;)

You guys haven't gotten the upgrade yet? I have mine!!! It came with my nude photos of Ernest Borgnine and the snowball that the guy guaranteed me came from hell. :o

Well, it looks like there is no update coming soon... :( Maybe NAMM 2018?

Or will HELIX be sunset?

Why on earth would Line 6 sunset it? It's still selling like hotcakes... There will be an update and it's going to be well before NAMM...

Which is why DI said this block wasn't a new effect, but rather just a "utility block"...

Ok well what i heard was that he said it was the least interesting of the 7 fx, so this is a little bit contradictory to the way youre putting it.