Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

My Tones and Tone cloud in Spider V Remote for PC & Mac

chunty

Firstly I'm so glad to have this software  - it means I finally don't have to have a stupid phone wriggling around on my desk to edit tone so well done guys (and girls).

Secondly, I can't see any way to access "my tones" or the tone cloud in the new mac and pc. Is this not a feature of this software and if so will it becoming soon?

Thanks

Chris

i was wondering about that- now there is software for computers as there should have been from day one - many despise that app crap that requires a phone- will there be a customtone or will tones be on a "cloud"  and will they be accessable to the pc editor?

• Upvote 1

Firstly I'm so glad to have this software  - it means I finally don't have to have a stupid phone wriggling around on my desk to edit tone so well done guys (and girls).

Secondly, I can't see any way to access "my tones" or the tone cloud in the new mac and pc. Is this not a feature of this software and if so will it becoming soon?

Thanks

Chris

Give it time. Request changes at ideascale. Originally, this was mobile based functionality. No area at customtone was set up for Spider V. If they do choose to do that, I'm sure we'll know. They gave us PC and Mac editors and a means to save files to our own computer locations. They also added backup and restore via PC Mac editor.

Adding another area to Custom Tone may be redundant. 

I think the mobile idea for Spider V was to provide user simple access to artist and other tones managed in the cloud.

• Upvote 1

a samsung galaxy s6 . i knew about the switch at the back thank you

Tried to load the android app on my son's S6. Didn't work. Uninstalled. Installed again. Worked. I have the OTG (on the go) connector. That is required for USB host functions. That is a Samsung/Android thing, not Line 6 issue.

App works on my older Note 4 and newer Note 8. 

ive just ordered the otg cable , ive also tried my acer tablet and my partners lg tablet all 3 give an unsupported device message

hopefully the otg will sort this out or it will be me buying an older tablet with an older operating system. 

Most of the newer phones and tablets require OTG connectors for anything USB related. Storage, hardware etc.

• 2 weeks later...

The PC Spider Remote app has a way to load tones from disk but not a way to load them from the cloud. I have tried downloading tones to disk but I get a prompter that says I must have a registered product. I do have a registered product but there is no way to tell it that.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Line6

One of the reasons I bought the Spider V 120, was that it allowed my Ipad3 to download the app, I checked compatability, and it said IOS 9 , and "ipad" - assumed, any iPad, with Ios9 upwards is OK.  Didn't get any compatibility warning.

We've now discovered, that although my device is on IOS 9.3.5, it won't connect to the spider using the 30pin connector.  Which makes it NOT compatible for Ipad3 or below.

We can't afford to just upgrade an ipad, or get a new iphone.

We wanted to make use of the remote app, for simplicity - or searching the cloud for other users tones.

At the very least, can you please - please - please...

A- Investigate why the ipad 3 isn't connecting, using the 30 pin connector - and fix it! - or update the store to say ipad 3 is not compatible.

B- Update the spider v PC/Mac software to have access to the cloud tones, for searching and sending to the Spider V. 

I will make a suggestion in the ideascale site, once moderator has approved my registration.

I don't know if that is more a Line 6 issue vs an Apple issue. Kind of like what happened with a lot of users on Samsung tabs and phones. All required certain OTG hardware adapters to work for those. I had similar problems with other products that use mobile apps. Not always mfg specific, many times it is something else, oddball settings, security issue with a user's isp router, or having to change drivers etc. Unfortunately, they cannot test every device each user may have been using for their access. 

Last I read in some post, the access to Customtone are in the process of being added for the newer Mac/Win versions of Spider Remote. How true that it, I don't know. That Mac Win app came out recently. That to me was a nice gift since the unit was primarily based on a mobile app for edits. Give it some time. 

Im just curious. i have a galaxy s7 and that thing likes to update every 2 weeks, so no problem with the operating system there. using an otg adapter that came with the phone, along with a printer cable (which im reading is working for others with older lollipop) it originally connected but the only thing that worked was music playback through the smp (spider v30) i updated the amp itself through my computer and now it wont connect or even play music at all. i since updated to ever version of the software on the amp through the computer and am having no luck at all. does not make sense to have to buy older tablets and what not.

thanks line 6 for not using wireless/bluetooth technology thats been around for years, or adding a cable(s) with the amp that probably cost you 37 cents.

• 3 weeks later...

The Spider V30 software updater doesn't work. Also find that what there doing is using a 4 ohm's woofer at get there so call 30 watt amp.....false   must be at 8 ohm's or it's a lie. Removed 4 ohms cheap o and replace with a Peavey Blue and what a sound out of this V30 . I can see some much of a deferents, soft and clean . Bottom line from and OLD tech , if you can't run an amp @ 8 ohms to uptane 30 watts then it's a lie. O just lower the ohm's of the speakers and say 30 watts , it an old trick to sale big wattage. Sorry if I'm in the wrong forum, But my brother I fill was miss lead by The Guitar Shop in Little Rock , Ar as it was the last model they had and a demo. He got deceived in to buying it. Now because he feels that it's a good amp I will kept it as a Christmas Gift. By Line 6 lies about there product and also you can setup an account with them and try to sign in for the updates and there server will not see your password, so your left with a demo, I can't hurt my brother , But this company I personality will never purchase from, They add a lot of bells , Butt no drive in there products. Sorry just the way I feel about this gift. Don' t buy from The guitar shop in Little Rock Ar because you really don't get what you pay for. Just me: an electric guitar amp should have at least one tube to make it a clean sound and a IC chip hell know. Thank for your time     

The Spider V30 software updater doesn't work. Also find that what there doing is using a 4 ohm's woofer at get there so call 30 watt amp.....false   must be at 8 ohm's or it's a lie. Removed 4 ohms cheap o and replace with a Peavey Blue and what a sound out of this V30 . I can see some much of a deferents, soft and clean . Bottom line from and OLD tech , if you can't run an amp @ 8 ohms to uptane 30 watts then it's a lie. O just lower the ohm's of the speakers and say 30 watts , it an old trick to sale big wattage. Sorry if I'm in the wrong forum, But my brother I fill was miss lead by The Guitar Shop in Little Rock , Ar as it was the last model they had and a demo. He got deceived in to buying it. Now because he feels that it's a good amp I will kept it as a Christmas Gift. By Line 6 lies about there product and also you can setup an account with them and try to sign in for the updates and there server will not see your password, so your left with a demo, I can't hurt my brother , But this company I personality will never purchase from, They add a lot of bells , Butt no drive in there products. Sorry just the way I feel about this gift. Don' t buy from The guitar shop in Little Rock Ar because you really don't get what you pay for. Just me: an electric guitar amp should have at least one tube to make it a clean sound and a IC chip hell know. Thank for your time     

It is incorrect to claim that wattage must be measured with an 8 ohm speaker.  You certainly can have 30 watts output with a 4 ohm speaker and also with an 8 ohm speaker.  If the wattage with a 4 ohm speaker is 30 watts, with an 8 ohm speaker the wattage would be half or 15 watts. What you're missing is the voltage output.  If you're an old tech you should know that wattage is calculated via amperage times voltage.  It has nothing to do with impedance.

You're also wrong that the software updater doesn't work.  Maybe it doesn't work for you so you need to do some trouble shooting.  It has worked fine for me and for others.

It's no secret that amp manufacturers may use less expensive speakers to reduce costs.  I happen to like the sound from both my Spider V 120 and 240.  More expensive speakers could produce a more likeable sound.  It's a matter of opinion, not fact.

Finally, to bad mouth a music store based on incorrect facts is irresponsible.