Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wah auto engage glitch?

talwilkins

When i use the Wah with auto engage function I notice a problem.

I have the wah turn off at heel down position (0%) and engage at 1%

The wait parameter is set at 1000ms (1 second)

When I rock the footpedal back and forth, never being at heel down position for 1second, the wah still turns off every now and then.

This is really annoying.

Does anyone else experience this?

Is there a way to avoid this?

Is it a bug?

• Downvote 1

• 1 month later...

Just tried with your settings and the onboard pedal. I did notice that if you operate the pedal quickly, going through its range multiple times, starting from the toe position, it takes anywhere from 3 or 4 seconds (with an operating frequency of about 1s per full range and back) before the wah block disengages. What's even weirder is you can be about halfway through the test, stopping at the toe position, come back later and continue the test as if you hadn't stopped at all. So from toe to toe twice (about 2 seconds), stopping at the toe position for however long, then after 1.5 or 2.5 more counts you can see the wah block disable immediately upon hitting the heel postion. This definitely seems like a bug.

Hey Tal, 

It looks like there is a counter that adds up the time that you hit 0% while playing the wah... When the time that you hit 0% in multiple instances exceeds the Wait time, the Wah is Bypassed momentarily.

(i.e. lets say your wait time is 1000mS and, during your wah-ing, you momentarily hit 0% four times for 250mS... on the last time you hit 0% the Wah will bypass momentarily)

It should work like this: The counter should reset to zero every time you do not remain at 0% for the bypass Wait time.

Hopefully Line 6 will identify this and correct it in the next FW update. @Digital_Igloo

Seeya

Joe

• Upvote 1

Hey Tal, 

It looks like there is a counter that adds up the time that you hit 0% while playing the wah... When the time that you hit 0% in multiple instances exceeds the Wait time, the Wah is Bypassed momentarily.

(i.e. lets say your wait time is 1000mS and you momentarily hit 0% four times for 250mS... on the last time you hit 0% the Wah will bypass momentarily)

It should work like this....the counter should reset to zero every time you do not remain at 0% for the bypass Wait time.

Hopefully Line 6 will identify this and correct it in the next FW update. @Digital_Igloo

Seeya

Joe

Sounds as a plausible programming error.

I made a support ticket for it so let's see what Line6 says.

I'll keep you all posted

Hey Tal, 

(i.e. lets say your wait time is 1000mS and you momentarily hit 0% four times for 250mS... on the last time you hit 0% the Wah will bypass momentarily)

It should work like this....the counter should reset to zero every time you do not remain at 0% for the bypass Wait time.

Seeya

Joe

Sounds as a plausible programming error.

I made a support ticket for it so let's see what Line6 says.

I'll keep you all posted

You may want to update your ticket with the observations from a2dconverterguy. They should give Line6 a leg up on identifying the bug more quickly. 

Hey Tal, 

Seeya

Joe

This sounds eminently plausible. Did you derive this from Tal's post or was this the result of testing? 

Hey Tal, 

(i.e. lets say your wait time is 1000mS and, during your wah-ing, you momentarily hit 0% four times for 250mS... on the last time you hit 0% the Wah will bypass momentarily)

It should work like this: The counter should reset to zero every time you do not remain at 0% for the bypass Wait time.

Seeya

Joe

I updated the ticket.

Thaks for the suggestion!

Thanks for addressing this!

• 1 month later...

Hey, I totally forgot to update the thread :unsure:

This was the response from L6:

Hi, Unfortunately this is a bug in the Helix at the moment. It is slated for a fix in the next release. thanks for your patience.

I believe the next update is due soon, right?

Hey, I totally forgot to update the thread :unsure:

This was the response from L6:

Hi, Unfortunately this is a bug in the Helix at the moment. It is slated for a fix in the next release. thanks for your patience.

I believe the next update is due soon, right?

Thanks for the info!