Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix plus service plan. Will it be extened rest of world or Yet more perks for usa only.

jaybee77

The service plan sounds fantastic and is very much needed and i applaud line 6 for going all out to offer line 6 helix users such great long term support for the helix. It's a pricy product and I do worry that if something major goes wrong it will be a costly repair or replacement.

Also for them to be happy to offer towards the end of the first two warranty period is a real statement of customer service.

I have been looking for extended service plans in the UK but haven't come upon anything that feels a solid service plan. Has anyone in the UK taken out a private service plan that they can recommend? Or an isntrument insurance that includes a service plan / extended warranty?

For now line 6 helix service plan is only in the USA... ummm so you can sell it to the rest of the world but not offer a service plan... why? No doubt some corporate internal supply blah blah blah as usual.. that us in the rest of the world never quite understand or accept as a reason... does it really cost that much to bulk send to rest of world.... isn't it made in China after all.. it has to travel a long way to reach USA too and then distributed internally!

So after buying a rack and control in the UK at a price much higher than on offer in the USA and at a time when only usa customers got a free mission pedal now usa customers can look forward to a great service plan.

Sure wish the rest of the world got the same perks and after purcahse care especially when we have to pay more for the same product and don't get me started on the extra cost of the rack and controller and pedal vs the floor version.

Love the helix and all that line 6 doing with it... just sometimes outside the USA we feel pushed out of the deals and perks...

Let's hope they extend the service plan to rest of world as it should be...

Right that rant over.. back to enjoying my sensitive helix who is feeling a bit upset today about the inequality that it's designer seemingly doesn't care as much about it as it's USA sibblings.

Right that rant over.. back to enjoying my sensitive helix who is feeling a bit upset today about the inequality that it's designer seemingly doesn't care as much about it as it's USA sibblings.

Having been there and done that with a couple of different consumer product manufacturers, a lot of it has to do with two things:  Distribution agreements and local regulations concerning product warranty.  It may not be an inequality or lack of caring, but more so what the manufacturer can and cannot do in terms of their legal agreements for worldwide distribution.  It's an exceedingly sticky web when it comes to distribution outside one's own country, unless the manufacturer is in China, where they don't have to care about anyone, foreign or domestic and just turn out cheap goods with no regard to longevity or aftersale service.