Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10T suddenly stopped charging

thorneven

I routinely keep my G10T plugged into my Spider V when I'm not playing.  I think that's a good habit to have so that the G10T is fully charged whenever I want to play.  I've had my rig for only 4 days.  Suddenly tonight my G10T was not charging while plugged into the amp. I know the amp has to be plugged into the wall in order for the G10T to be charged.  I'm hoping I don't have a defective G10T.  Does anyone have any ideas about what night be going on?  Thanks.

UPDATE... I found that if I leave the amp on, the G10T is now charging.  So that tells me the G10T is not defective, but isn't it supposed to charge while the amp is off as long as the amp is plugged in to a wall outlet?  No, it's not a switched outlet.

Hmm, curious. The only difference between now and when the G10T was charging as expected is that now I have the cable to the FBV 3 plugged into the amp.  That can't be the cause, can it?  The G10T won't charge with the amp off if the FBV 3 cable is plugged into the amp?

I routinely keep my G10T plugged into my Spider V when I'm not playing.  I think that's a good habit to have so that the G10T is fully charged whenever I want to play.  I've had my rig for only 4 days.  Suddenly tonight my G10T was not charging while plugged into the amp. I know the amp has to be plugged into the wall in order for the G10T to be charged.  I'm hoping I don't have a defective G10T.  Does anyone have any ideas about what night be going on?  Thanks.

UPDATE... I found that if I leave the amp on, the G10T is now charging.  So that tells me the G10T is not defective, but isn't it supposed to charge while the amp is off as long as the amp is plugged in to a wall outlet?  No, it's not a switched outlet.

Hmm, curious. The only difference between now and when the G10T was charging as expected is that now I have the cable to the FBV 3 plugged into the amp.  That can't be the cause, can it?  The G10T won't charge with the amp off if the FBV 3 cable is plugged into the amp?

G10T won't charge if amp is off. They do make a USB charge cable. It's 15 bucks on Amazon or most stores

https://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-LIN-G10CABLE?src=Y0802G00SRCHCAPN&adpos=1o3&scid=scplpLIN+G10CABLE&sc_intid=LIN+G10CABLE&gclid=CjwKCAjwj8bPBRBiEiwASlFLFe1DHOHi9juJSNPzN1OUIVDwWhRpNGxszhkzIgedQun3ulc9_eNvIBoC_woQAvD_BwE

• Upvote 1

OK, thank you. That's not what the store salesperson told me.  But I'm glad it's not a defective device.

I learned that at a show. Rep at Sweetwater said the same but I think they mistook how this operates vs the G10 with charger base. 

Cool thing is the G10T will run 6-7 hrs between charges. 

Some of the gigs I do we set up long before we play. I either run the amp and charge the G10T, or use the USB charge cable they made for this as an option. I can recharge the G10T and not worry about the amp being on. Even before I got the USB charge cable the G10T always had plenty of juice for the gig. 

Band was tracking drums in studio and I was using G10T all day without a recharge. I just fed the XLR outs to the drummer's mix while we tracked drums. Amp master vol off. On breaks the G10T went into sleep mode which saves battery life even when plugged into the guitar. 

• 1 year later...

I found this out the hard way as well. The light on the G10T lights up when the amp is off, but when I turned the amp back on, the battery was drained. I've also noticed that if I leave it unplugged from the amp for a bit, it takes a bit for it to re pair with the amp and it needs to charge. No biggie. I just turn on my amp a few minutes before I want to play and plug the G10T in.