Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Example: Stereo Rig with Two Amps a la Kunde / Hendroff et

marctemp

Hey all, I am loving my Helix and I set out to recreate my previous "real" rig that was in the style of all the big modern worship guys. Stereo effects INTO two amps (in this case an AC30 and a Deluxe Reverb). I am sharing this because I've noticed most people either don't run stereo or they run their delays and verbs AFTER the dual amps, creating mono amps and into stereo time based effects. The way I'm sharing is just like a real pedalboard and two amps. Stereo delays and reverbs with left going into one amp and and right into another, and then the final output is one amp on the left with left effects and the other on the right with right effects. I feel this is more accurate to a real stereo setup and especially where were aren't doing high gain we don't have to worry about delays and verbs after the amp gain stage. Hope you find this cool/useful.

As a side note I use snapshots so I don't need tons of delay blocks and etc just to get different sounds, with snapshots I am able to completely tweak the settings of each effect so that its like having a ton of different delays. But thats for another conversation.

First I made a "super serial" path out of path one. I did this primarily because I needed more space for blocks. Its done by inserting a Split Y at the end of my first path and then turning down the volume to -120db at the end of the path (note that my delays and verbs are STEREO models) and then send it down to path 2A:

6yFCstk.jpg

35Ur5Nc.jpg

8JbUCUl.jpg

Next I insert another Split Y with Balance A hard panned left and Balance B hard panned right:

gyOHE0C.jpg

Then on output 2A I hard panned left:

eP6Cbe4.jpg

And on output 2B I hard panned right:

9orRgIX.jpg

Where is output 1a going?

In pic two you'll see that it shows that it's going to multi however you'll also see that I've turned this outputndown to effectively zero so nothing is being delivered to multi. This method is call Super Serial and is in the Helix manual.

Yes, I have some presets that are super serial. I have mine set with output 1a to that it returns to input 1b, and it offers a cleaner look. You will also get 1/2 your volume back from path 1 since you are sending 1/2 of it to an output that is turned down. 

Yes, I have some presets that are super serial. I have mine set with output 1a to that it returns to input 1b, and it offers a cleaner look. You will also get 1/2 your volume back from path 1 since you are sending 1/2 of it to an output that is turned down.

At least on my Helix, that's not possible. 1a to 1b isn't an option. How do you do it?

At least on my Helix, that's not possible. 1a to 1b isn't an option. How do you do it?

Ummm, you can't. LOL, I was incorrect on that one. Went back and looked at my super serial presets, and saw that I am incorrect on that one.