Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Shuriken guitar

jelliott78

Which end is breaking, by the nut or the bridge? If it's by the nut, it's possible that the slot needs to be filed a bit. Sometimes the string can bind in there and break when you bend.

On the other hand, you could just be playing the daylights out of your strings. Until I started using coated strings, I never had a set last much more than 7-10 days if the guitar was played daily. Couple of weeks is about as good as it gets, unless you really don't play much.

Odd place to break.

Some up with the tension somehow. A set-up issue most likely.

Factory strings are D'Addario XL-110 (10-46), 9-gauge set will change the overall tension.

The set-up should be checked by a Line 6 authorized service center in your area,

as they will have access to service information, our customer support in your area and me.

That, or get it set-up for the gauge you want to use, your choice.

Whatever fits your way of playing.

Changing gauges changes the tension, and that changes the set-up.

It's like that on all guitars. And these guitars have both piezos AND magnetic

pick-ups, so that adds one more thing to consider when doing a set-up.

Seen this once or twice back in the 1970's when I crew for a rock band.It was weird then too. But then, it was the 70's and this band toured a lot.

Problem turned out to be a combination of things,... a grueling tour schedule, across a variety of climates, the guitar player liked good tension on

his strings (so set-up was part of it) and he used cheap strings. Problem was worse on his double-neck 6/12 guitar.

I've actually had this happen twice in the exact same spot. It happened on the factory strings (10s) - not sure what brand and Exilir 10s. My setup seems absolutely perfect to me. It stays in tune, the intonation is spot on and the action is nice and low. It really is the weirdest place for a string to break. On the bright side, a string change is like 3 minutes with the locking tuners. My Shuriken plays as well as, if not better than my ESPs and my Schecters