Blgband

What frets are on JTV69 ? SS ? Jumbo?

Wondering if the frets on the jtv 69 are ss or gold??

Neither. Plain old nickel-silver fret wire. Don't remember the size...replaced the stock neck after only a month or two, it's a dog...but that's me. Some guys like it.

I polished the frets on my 69S, did a good setup and got it playing really well. The neck is big, but its not bigger than my Les Paul neck and feels fine to me: and I have small hands. The thicker necks tend to be more stable and can sound better, with more sustain. My Variax Standard neck is much thinner, and tends to move a lot with temperature and weather changes.

I have stainless steel frets on my Strat Deluxe and Les Paul. Love them. There silky smooth and never wear. But they're expensive since they're more work to install and dress.

Psarkissian could you enlighten us on this? I thought my jtv 69 freets looked a bit gold, are they really the plain old nickel??

Psarkissian could you enlighten us on this? I thought my jtv 69 freets looked a bit gold, are they really the plain old nickel??

Trust me, they're not gold frets. Discolored and crappy looking perhaps, depending on the condition they're in...but they ain't gold.