Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ownhammer IR's

dlotto

Nope, and that's why i'll give as little money as possible to these IR companies on a "trial" basis.. A person cant expect to know how much he likes the Diezel cabs based on demoing the free mesa library....and if you don't like it, too bad because they couldn't make it any more clear that there are absolutely no refunds. 

Id ask around for the ones you want. Theres no copy protection on any of that stuff. That's how i came into the California duo thankfully. I didnt like that set very much and dont use a single impulse from that library.  

However if i DO find something i like and will continue to use, it is imperative to pay for it. Please do the same. I cant stress that enough if you end up going the loaner route. Good luck!

You're right, with any new gear, real or bytes, it's a gamble. Even the free mesa was better then the stk Helix cab so I bought the Ownhammer, 10 bucks, where you going? The Ownhammer green 25 blew me away. Best $10 I ever spent. Completely smoothed out the Helix plexi. I'd like to try the green pre-rola 20.

I see the OH PR-M75 G12M-25's are pre-Rola 25w greens.  I was curious if the pre-Rola's were sonic-ly that much different than the reissue GB's I bought.  Are we splitting hairs trying to get another 1/4 horsepower?

Interesting, I also chose the AKG414 out of the bundle.  Just a smooth natural sound.  I suppose a $900 mic will sound better than a $100 shure 57.  

Rosen Digital Audio IR's are the best so far for me, I'm using the EVH5150 in all of my presets 

here are some examples of me using them with a random jam track from youtube.

https://www.facebook.com/Skyfirez/videos/10159544287105582/

You can get it here, 

http://www.rosendigitalaudio.com/412cabs/

• Upvote 1

Rosen Digital Audio IR's are the best so far for me, I'm using the EVH5150 in all of my presets 

You can get it here, 

Nice!

The Rosen Mesa OS Pack is my go-to.

You can get it here, 

They have a Halloween sale right now.

Until November 5th, you get 30% off everything in the store. Also, if you buy 4 impulse responses, you get your 5th free;

Use coupon code: spookyRDA30

They have a Halloween sale right now.

Until November 5th, you get 30% off everything in the store. Also, if you buy 4 impulse responses, you get your 5th free;

Use coupon code: spookyRDA30

Appreciate the heads up. In that case i'll pick a few up. Any recommendations? Orange Mesa bogner diezel marshall

Appreciate the heads up. In that case i'll pick a few up. Any recommendations? Orange Mesa bogner diezel marshall

I'm more into classic rock, and have bought the Fender Twin Reverb which I like. Don't know about the ones you mentions - sorry.

Re Rosen Digital, no audio samples at all makes it hard to have even a faint clue of what they're about or the differences between them. Not that I find samples all that easy to make decisions from, but still, flat out nothin'? Just blind faith I guess?

Also, I don't see any mention of a sale, except a Sept 4 post on their Facebook that says 30% off until Sept 9. Do the $8 prices I see include the 30% off?

Re Rosen Digital, no audio samples at all makes it hard to have even a faint clue of what they're about or the differences between them. Not that I find samples all that easy to make decisions from, but still, flat out nothin'? Just blind faith I guess?

Also, I don't see any mention of a sale, except a Sept 4 post on their Facebook that says 30% off until Sept 9. Do the $8 prices I see include the 30% off?

You get 30% on checkout inserting the coupon code mentioned above. The indicated prices are regular prices.

I have to say.… I have had a chance to try the Ownhammer 25 W greenbacks over the last couple of days, and they are just not in the same league as the redwirez stuff. The overall tone is good with the OH cabinet, But there are more mics/ positions with the RW cabinets which is part of, but not entirely the reason for having a much larger over all tonal pallet . Much more contrast between the between the RW files, not to mention A more realistic and familiar sound.

This is not necessarily a bad thing. Especially for a guy like me who leans more towards an original sound than a familiar one.

I have to say.… I have had a chance to try the Ownhammer 25 W greenbacks over the last couple of days, and they are just not in the same league as the redwirez stuff. The overall tone is good with the OH cabinet, But there are more mics/ positions with the RW cabinets which is part of, but not entirely the reason for having a much larger over all tonal pallet . Much more contrast between the between the RW files, not to mention A more realistic and familiar sound.

This is not necessarily a bad thing. Especially for a guy like me who leans more towards an original sound then a familiar one.

Are you saying you find the RW stuff more familiar and realistic? Sounded like that's what you said, but then you want a more original sound rather than familiar.

Isn't it great that all bands don't sound the same?!? We all hear each IR a little bit differently (as we should) and pick the ones that suite us best. Nothing wrong with trying another IR brand that's available. Spice of life...  ;)

Are you saying you find the RW stuff more familiar and realistic? Sounded like that's what you said, but then you want a more original sound rather than familiar.

Thats exactly what im saying. In verbatim. If a person wants to sound more like AC/DC, The Who, that classic Marshall sound you hear on a ton of the most popular records, then use the redwirez IRs. If you are going for your own sounds then id be more apt to lean towards the OH greenies.

So it turns out their YouTube channel does have demos of lots of stuff, maybe all of it, in different genres. Each video seems to be one cab, in different styles, so it's not super smooth checking out different cabs with the same music, but it's still very cool that they have this.

...a a a n n d , after listening to a bunch of those, I have no idea.

I have a medium-size bunch of IRs already, but nothing from Rosen. Can't say as I've found The One IR, or the one brand, or type of cab that's Me. I try different IRs, and built-in cabs, with different amps and stomps, different kinds of tones, and save setups I like at the time. No plan, no conclusions, just some presets I hopefully like when I come back to them later, often do.

I'm not in a band, much less a cover band where there's an existing tone you (might) match, or gigging at all any more, so my lack of focus is, uh, ok I guess. Or predictable maybe. Or evidence of my lack of clue. Or something.

Anyway, got a few by the seat of my pants, trying not to think too hard about it, since they're on multiple levels of sale, and I'd never tried their stuff. We'll see,..

...a a a n n d , after listening to a bunch of those, I have no idea.

I have a medium-size bunch of IRs already, but nothing from Rosen. Can't say as I've found The One IR, or the one brand, or type of cab that's Me. I try different IRs, and built-in cabs, with different amps and stomps, different kinds of tones, and save setups I like at the time. No plan, no conclusions, just some presets I hopefully like when I come back to them later, often do.

I'm not in a band, much less a cover band where there's an existing tone you (might) match, or gigging at all any more, so my lack of focus is, uh, ok I guess. Or predictable maybe. Or evidence of my lack of clue. Or something.

Anyway, got a few by the seat of my pants, trying not to think too hard about it, since they're on multiple levels of sale, and I'd never tried their stuff. We'll see,..

Zooey what kind of sound do you like? 25 W greenbacks? Vintage 30s? Def Leppard? Rush? Tell me a few things that describes the guitar sound you like.