Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT - enough I/O?

Tjm666

Hi everyone. I'm about to order a helix LT but I just noticed there is only one set of 1/4 ports. I was planning to use 1/4 to connect a jamman looper but eventually I'll get a FRFR speaker. How am I going to connect those things at the same time and still have ports to connect to a PA/mixer if I ever need it?

Any tips would be appreciated, thanks.

The LT has two FX loops (send/return) in addition to the 1/4" stereo outs AND XLR stereo outs. Plus 1/4" guitar in, Variax and digital I/O. For my money it has plenty of I/O, especially for live performances. Jammed with a bass player on the weekend, we both went through my LT. Totally separate signal paths. We each had our own amp/FX setup, and our own output. Worked great. My guitar into the Guitar In, his bass into Return 1.

What issues are you expecting to have with the FX loop?  As long as you have a send/return block it should work fine on any preset or snapshot.  The only limitations would be the number of send/return blocks you need (limit is two on LT) or if you would need to have a Mic input or Aux input for something like an acoustic guitar.

• Upvote 1

The Full Helix models provide a dedicated 10K Ohm AuxIn specifically designed for Active Pickup Bass and Acoustic Guitars, and there is also the Mic XLR Input with supporting circuitry. These provide options to using the FX Send, Return, or Loop Blocks for some circumstances.

Another factor to consider regarding the use of the FX Loops is the *previously* documented Known Issue regarding their noise floor. See: http://line6.com/support/topic/25377-very-noisy-fx-loops/?hl=loop+noise&do=findComment&comment=204825 regarding how the mere presence of an FX Loop Block in the Helix Signal Path affects the noise floor when used with several of the High Gain Amp Block Types.

[Note: The link to the December 2015 dated Noise Floor Knowledgebase Article in post number 18 of the thread cited above now results in an Error that the Article cannot be found in the Knowledgebase. Apparently Line 6 has removed the Article. It is curious that the Knowledgebase article has been removed, rather than it being marked or edited to explicitly mention if the issue may have been resolved or corrected.]