Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Need a Audio Interface with FX Loop Feature

skyfirez1

If you're monitoring through you're DAW, trying to do an effects loop like that probably won't work because you'll be experiencing two rounds of throughput latency... If you're wanting to add the effect after the fact, you can actually do it with just about any interface. You'd have to send the USB out from the PC back to the interface, then connect the 1/4" out from the interface to your effect, then go from the effect's 1/4" out back to the interface's input. Of course, if you wanted to do stereo, you'd need a 2-in/2-out interface at minimum.

Wouldn't you need a minimum of 3 ins and 3 outs? That seems wired, so 4 I/O. Assuming 1 in is for an instrument, 2 ins for the stereo FX return, 1 out for FX send (or 2 for a stereo send), and 2 for monitoring.

Do you have a Helix or are just not wanting to lug it your PC for an interface?

Helix Native has no FX send and receive functionality tho. You’d have to do multiple instances.

Yeah, I guess you could put an external pedal in the Helix FX loop, but then it would be going straight into Helix Native which wouldn't work well for a reverb.

helix native has fx return and receive but it is turned off currently within native

because an audio interface seemingly does not exist which has a physical fx loop feature on it, at this time.

when an audio interface is created that has an FX loop

more then likely,

the feature will be turned on.....

i would think

helix native has fx return and receive but it is turned off currently within native

because an audio interface seemingly does not exist which has a physical fx loop feature on it, at this time.

when an audio interface is created that has an FX loop

more then likely,

the feature will be turned on.....

i would think

Actually an interface that has FX loops exists. It's called Helix.

This feature would be very problematic to implement in any case as audio is going out and back in within a plug-in.

I doubt we'll see it.

Man I knew it was a matter of time till someone like you chimed in with a nonsensical, non out of the box, caged in ‘just in time as a matter of fact’ irrelevant ‘I failed to comprehend the general question and hypothesis of the original post because I have an arrested development mentality and cannot comprehend anything beyond the obvious’ state of mind. And then bam to the rescue. Peter is here with his multi thousand sophomoric post of “nuh uh†‘nope’ “doesn’t work†“wahhhh†“I’m butthurt patrolâ€.

Way to be bro seriously

• Downvote 1

Why would I run my helix NATIVE - read the original post kid - and the run my HELIX as the interface for it simply for the FX LOOP feature. Why wouldn’t I just run HELIX and skip native. Why would someone who only bought native - not me I have LT and Native - why would they want to buy helix just for an audio interface with an fx loop.

My original post was in the context of NATIVE

Jeeze

My original post was in the context of NATIVE

I understand the question perfectly, and I think, actually, based on my many years (decades in fact) of experience recording digitally direct to a computer hard drive yes... understood the reasons why it won't happen pretty well, too... and... 

1. You didn't, I think, think through the ramifications of why an FX send and return is most likely not going to be something easily implemented in Helix Native. In addition to the reasons I gave, you would have to have that interface and those FX hooked up every time you ran that plug in on that song or MainStage instrument or what have you. Unlikely to happen in way too many scenarios, and likely to simply cause frustration. There is no way for Helix Native to know if you have your hardware configuration (including external FX) the way it was when you recorded for what you meant. If that makes any sense. (bottom line... FX loops in Helix Native are inactive because they make no sense in that particular scenario whatsoever, not because they are "disabled" until the right interface comes along.)

and...

2. There is a reason, perhaps, that your feedback reputation on this forum is so far in the red. You took offense needlessly and lashed out in a manner that some might find, to borrow a term, "sophomoric". 

...Peter is here with his multi thousand sophomoric post of “nuh uh†‘nope’ “doesn’t work†“wahhhh†“I’m butthurt patrolâ€.

Way to be bro seriously...

I don't believe I've ever levied a personal attack or insult towards you, sir. I'd appreciate the same consideration.