Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Mounting Helix into a road case

jondufour

I just got a USA road case for my helix with a little room for an extra wah pedal, wireless and I'm curious how others have mounted their Helix?

I did some searching and a person had mentioned they were using the 3M hook and loop velcro but didn't have to remove the feet on the Helix? How?

A second thing I'm curious about is the carpet stuff in the road case used to cover the bare wood, does that pull up over time? Should I trim it out and mount directly to wood?

I went with the 3M dual lock stuff and removed the feet. The Dual-Lock is pretty thick and still leaves ~ 3/8" for breathing room under the board. I mounted mine straight to the carpet with the adhesive on the velcro stuff and it hasn't budged in the last couple weeks, but we'll see how it holds up.

I went with the 3M dual lock stuff and removed the feet. The Dual-Lock is pretty thick and still leaves ~ 3/8" for breathing room under the board. I mounted mine straight to the carpet with the adhesive on the velcro stuff and it hasn't budged in the last couple weeks, but we'll see how it holds up.

I'm curious about removing the feet, seems that I will need to for spreading out the contact load. Although, It would drop the helix deeper into tray so perhaps cutting two strips of wood and screwing that to the road case then mount the Helix to those strips with the 3M would work good. Point being retaining the height the Helix sits in the tray or even raising it a small amount would actually be nice.

I'll decide on that when I see the thickness of that dual lock, hard to tell exactly in pictures.

I think I'm going to pursue that idea.

*edit, Amazon shows that 3M as being .23 inches, probably be just fine.

I removed the rubber feet and found screws that fit the Helix which I used to add two pine cleats to the bottom of the Helix. The two pine cleats (holding the Helix) are held into the road case with wood screws. See this post for more information: http://line6.com/support/topic/17965-removing-rubber-feet/?hl=mikeolivercgp&do=findComment&comment=133317

I removed the rubber feet and found screws that fit the Helix which I used to add two pine cleats to the bottom of the Helix. The two pine cleats (holding the Helix) are held into the road case with wood screws. See this post for more information: http://line6.com/support/topic/17965-removing-rubber-feet/?hl=mikeolivercgp&do=findComment&comment=133317

That is a super great idea. It did not occur to me to secure the Helix to the case tray by attaching screws from the outside.

I got my case from roadcasesusa about a year ago and my carpet is starting to come up from my case. I've had to pull my unit out a few times as it is velcroed in. I took the feet off of mine.

Most of the time the unit will be laying flat but no doubt it's going to be set on it's side enough times in transport that I would expect that to eventually happen.

I took the carpeting and I attached dual lock to the padding underneath.  The carpeting and Velcro did not stick very well anyway.  I used extra layers of dual lock to raise the Helix up and I did not have to remove the feet.  It also left room for cable to go under the Helix.