Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix - Sound disappears

docfetzer

First - sorry for my bad english!

The sound suddenly disappears on my Helix. Sometimes that happens only once, sometimes more often. I do not know why and why? Does anyone have a tip?

and a second question:

Does anyone have experience with a Stagesource L3T as an FRFR solution?

I have to prevail on stage against a Marshall with 412 

Greetings from Germany

There's a whole bunch of things you'll need to troubleshoot, and we're gonna need more information than that... what exactly happens, and when does it happen? Does it away occur with the same patch, when switching from one patch to another or toggling FX on/off, while you're playing, after the unit has been on and functioning normally for a while? How are you listening...through an amp, headphones, through a DAW with studio monitors, etc. etc.?

Does anyone have experience with a Stagesource L3T as an FRFR solution?

I have to prevail on stage against a Marshall with 412 ......

I use an L3t with my Helix and it works great. But if all you want it for is a stage monitor you might consider the L2m which will work just as well (that's what it's designed for) and is less expensive. I would say that if the L2m can't keep up with the Marshall then your other guitar player needs to turn down his stage volume.

Using the Mark IV amp and setting the Bass knob  to Zero has been known to do this, IOW, to slowly fade the volume to zero over some amount of time.  I think somebody else found a similar reaction in another amp but I don't remember which.  Try setting your Bass knob to a non-zero value if it is at zero.

Other than that, we'll need a whole lot more info to figure out why you are losing sound. 

L3 series is awesome and super loud.  L2 series is awesome and super loud, too. 

I recently used a pair of L2's on poles for vocals for a band, and they easily kept up (1/2 volume on the masters) with the band (double stack 4x12 Marshall guitar amp, 4x12 Bass amp and full drum kit original heavy blues rock and roll) in a smallish Parish Hall (20 m by 15 m with 10 m ceiling).

Unlike the recent show they did with a pair of 250 watt amps with mic pres into a few 15" Peavey speakers in a much smaller bar (1/4 the size).  Couldn't hear the vocals at all there.

There's a whole bunch of things you'll need to troubleshoot, and we're gonna need more information than that... what exactly happens, and when does it happen? Does it away occur with the same patch, when switching from one patch to another or toggling FX on/off, while you're playing, after the unit has been on and functioning normally for a while? How are you listening...through an amp, headphones, through a DAW with studio monitors, etc. etc.?

Again - sorry for my bad english

What happens: Sound is suddenly off!

When does it happen: This is the question- I can not say it happens if....

actually I only use one Patch so yes it happens on the same Patch.

I Play direct in the PA (digital Stagebox)

Today I made a Patch for use Helix with 4 Cable Method and it happened again....

I have no idea why it happens.....

I am listening on a stagemonitor on a regular AUX (only conect with PA)

What rev Firmware are you using?

back up your presets (and IR's if necessary) and Upgrade to 2.21 if that is not what you are using, and make sure to do the FS9-10 reset in the directions.

There was a volume pedal issue that happened in versions prior to that under certain circumstances that the latest firmware fixed.