Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

4 Cable Method/FX Loop

aed1421

I set up the Helix using the 4 cable method.  This is the order of effects/signal flow.  EQ-Compressor-Gain (Dist. Pedal)-Noise Gate-Wah-Volume pedal.  The next block is the FX loop.  After that I have Chorus-Flanger-Phaser- Delay-Reverb.  When I am on the gain channel on my amp and  I engage the effects it sounds like I have the direct "clean" sound combined with the gain channel and the sound is much weaker than when I just plug right into the amp.   Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?  Dry/Wet type of thing on the effects?

• Upvote 1

A lot of the "signal-out" blocks and "path direction blocks", including loop sends have several parameters and options.  Some of these split the signal between the intended obvious routes and the final output.

Check all the blocks in your signal chain to ensure that all the signal is actually going where you want it to.  You may find that there are blocks where it is being split.

• Upvote 1

how are you routing from path 1A to path 1B, and then to path 2A and 2B?

Take a look at the 'super serial' template; notice how they drag the path down to 1B, then route into 2A, but at the end of 1A they have the output set to multi; but also set the leve to -128 or something, essentially muting that portion of the signal, so it only goes serial from 1A into 1B then into 2A and presumably 2B. They did the same thing for the output on 2A; it terminates in a muted 2A 'multi' output, while the signal path flows down to 2B.

How do I post a picture here?

Make an Imgur account, post the photo there, reply here, click the square 'image' link (above) and paste the direct link from Imgur (or wherever - just not Photobucket...)

(For example, that green line going to the Helix main 1/4" out could also point to the send/return 3)

290zzpl.png