Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Big Trouble Booting Up... Error Code

Today i fired up the M20D and it will show the stage background, but will not load my setup.  It just freezes and show an error "App returned with status 134"

Does anyone have any clue what this means?  and how to fix this issue?

The screen remain frozen.  I tried rebooting and still the same.

I got it working... kind of...

I figured out if i have the "mute all" button on when i power down, when powering up it will freeze on the stage screen when loading setups.

I clicked once on the mute all button, the light willl not go out as it is frozen, but i reboot it after pressing it once and now it loads up.  Just to make sure that was the case i engaged the "mute all" button again and powered down.  And yes it is the problem. It froze again.

Then pressing that button as to turn it off and rebooting it will load correctly.

Seems like a glitch in the new 1.20 software as I have always had the mute all button engaged when powering down before this upgrade without incident.

We have discovered a very rare occurrence where this happens during booting up. This does not happen during operation. Just power cycling resolves the issue and there is no risk that this happens during a show. Since this is a very rare issue please let us know if it happens more often. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, i have the same problem.. This is a known esue with the new 1.2 update, it will not fully recognize setups crated under 1.1 software.

The only way to fix this is to delete all older setups and re- create new setups under 1.2 software. This is to bad for me, i have over 20 setups for different venues i travel and different bands. If you only have one setup your in luck, just take pictures of all settings and then do a factory reset,you will de ok.

Damn... that is crazy....

I would think Line 6 would fix this issue soon...  That is a lot of work!

It seems that about half the time i boot it up i have to reboot it at least once or twice to get it to work....  Not impressive on a $2000 machine...

I have my doubts that re-doing the setups will make a difference as danielolsen_4 is having the same issues and his is only 1 hour old... Has anyone else tried re-doing all the setups from scratch?  

Is doing this something Line6 has mentioned as a fix?

Sometimes mine gives an error code... but most of the time it just sits there and is frozen.

oh no.. this makes me very unhappy... :unsure:

considering that we have used ALOT of time with our setups, done by a soundtechnician (that we paid for) its really a huge issue if it doesnt work after upgrading to 1.2. (we have alot of setups).

fortunatly i havent upgraded it yet. was actually going to do it today, but thats not going to happen. :wacko:

I really need for line6 guys to respond to this issue.

ok.. took the chance and upgraded to 1.2 last night,

seems to work ok, exept for now theres an occational crackling sound in the in-ear monitors that wasnt there before.. I "downgraded", loaded the same setup and scene and the crackling sound is not there...I upgrade to 1.2, and the weird sound is there again, still only occationaly. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem just started A couple of days ago we were at a gig yesterday morning getting set up and I had to reboot it at least five times I pushed the mute buttons and unplugged everything but it seems like when I unplug the USB is when it was able to be back up I thought maybe because we were in a cold environment it was because of the temperature and itneeded to warm up some. Okay will be watching this one see when the fix comes

I think i may have figured it out...

I removed the SD card.  The SD card had the firmware update and backups on it.  

Ever since i removed the card it has been flawless for almost a week now.

I will reformat the card and try it again.

Crossing my fingers.

• 2 years later...

I just completed many hours of testing, and found that it happens to me with all of the permutations noted above, in a somewhat random fashion.  The StageScape also crashes (locks-up) on occasion (about once a day), when switching between various modes (e.g. Monitor, Recording, as well as other menu and tab changes).  There are obviously some bugs in the software/firmware, which need to be addressed by Line 6.  I expect that they are working on it, given that there appear to be dozens of people who have these issues.  I also noted the noise problems that were not there in prior versions.

I hope a fix is released soon, as it is no longer usable for important sessions.

I think you have a hardware problem. This is not normal and certainly does not happen with mine. I also have my doubts they are "working on" anything.... one of the reasons why, when needing a second mixer of this general specification recently, I purchased a QSC Touchmix rather than another M20D.