Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Saving models to user banks

shockwave199

I've been a 600 user for years. Now I'm upgrading to a standard. Can't seem to find how to save models to the user banks/toggle position. Is there a certain way to save models into user banks so each different model will be saved to a position of the toggle switch like in the 600? Can anyone detail how to do that? Thanks.

You need to use Workbench HD, not the original Workbench. But the features and functions are pretty similar. After editing a model in Workbench HD there's a certain command (don't know exactly what it's called) that will send/store the model in a specific bank/slot location on the Variax.

Perhaps I misunderstood. You can save the current model and tone knob setting in your Variax Standard to one of the Custom banks using the guitar itself. You will need Workbench HD to substantially alter any models. Maybe this snip from the manual will help:

Let’s say you found a sound that you know you’ll be coming back to again and
again. Here’s what you do:
1. Be sure your sound is exactly as you want it. This is going to store the guitar model and tone knob settings.
2. Press and hold the Guitar Model Selector knob for 2.5 seconds or until the LEDs begins to blink to enter customization mode.
3. Now turn the Guitar Model Selector to CUSTOM 1 or CUSTOM 2. It’s your choice. The Alternate Tuning LED is no longer lit.
4. Move the Pickup Selector Switch to the desired position you want to store it. JTV-59 Users: Push Alternate Tuning Knob then move Pickup
Selector Switch to access positions 2 or 4.
5. To save an alternate tuning to this position, select the desired tuning on your Alternate Tuning knob. Skip this step if you do not want an
alternate tuning.
6. Press and hold the Guitar Model Selector knob for 2.5 seconds.
Presto!, you just saved your first guitar model to a custom bank! Don’t
forget to set your Alternate Tuning knob to MODEL if you want to
recall the tunings exactly the way you’ve saved them.alter

Excellent! Thanks for that. I'm expecting the guitar this Friday and the manual at line 6 is the short 13 page one. I guess a more in depth manual will come with the guitar. You know, my 600 was so awesome for years and then it went on the fritz during sound check and I was forced to play without it for the gig. I really missed it. It was either throw 300 or so bucks for a fix or just move on to the standard with pickups. It'll be nice to just bring one guitar now. Gotta have the pickups for the failsafe. I'm hopeful my pod live xt will power the standard via the line 6 cable like it does with the 600. I'll figure it out soon enough! Thanks again.

....... and the manual at line 6 is the short 13 page one. I guess a more in depth manual will come with the guitar. .....

The info I posted above is from the small manual on the website. It comes with the guitar. I don't think there's a more detailed one.

Enjoy your new Variax!