Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

ux2, pod farm, garage band .

Is there a Line6 utility on the Mac for configuring the UX2? On PC it's named Line6 Audio-MIDI control panel.

Also, on PC if you use the UX2 without PF, the DAW will receive and record the signal, but you will not hear it unless you have monitoring enabled in your DAW.

level's are hard to even out, i'm very new to computer based recording , I wanted to just use G.B. to see if it's easier to not clip but still hear well enough , witch i'm having a hard time doing .

Just double check your mac audio settings again. Check them against the podfarm recording set up guide, available to download here, chapters 2-1 onwards. http://uk.line6.com/support/manuals/podxtpro/

When you select your input in garage band, do you get any input signal at all(the meter next to your track)? I don't know much about garage band, so just double check against this youtube tutorial. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_bQ3ZamDpWo

It's not an easy hobby to start, I've only been doing it a couple of years myself, it's quite daunting. Lots of hours figuring things out. But podfarm made things a lot easier for me once I got used to it.

The UX gives you up to 4 inputs, if you send the dry unprocessed signal and you are still clipping, then you may have very hot and/or active pickups, in which case you can use the PAD instrument input.

With the UX I typically send dry and processed simultaneously and then re-amp the dry post processing with plug-ins with the wet serving as I reminder of what tone I was going for.

Could just keep the volume on your guitar at a lower setting for recording, say 7. Im not very experienced myself, I had trouble with clipping before I used podfarm, recording through my amp and directly into my internal soundcard(very primative,I know). But a bit or practice with podfarm has massively improved things

my guitar is fine after some dialing in, my vocals I just can not dial in at all , I really want to hear gb and its functions w/out pod farm , although not babble but ultimately I'd like to record my live sound in my living room where I can mix an awesome sound usually , but I am having learning curve issues going from analog to computer digital based recording, I appreciate all the help but a lot of this beyond me

From the POD Farm 2 Advanced User Guide: 3-12 (p65)

Mac® - Line 6 Audio-MIDI Devices Dialog You can launch the Line 6 Audio-MIDI Devices dialog from within the Mac® System Preferences, or from the POD Farm 2 standalone application’s Preferences > Hardware tab. On Mac® systems, all Line 6 hardware utilizes the Mac OS® X Core Audio driver format, which means that some of your Line 6 device settings are found in the Mac OS® X Audio-MIDI Setup dialog. You can get to this dialog from within the Line 6 Audio-MIDI Devices dialog (or, from the Finder by going to Applications > Utilities > Audio-MIDI Setup).

I would read this entire section and then post back if you have more questions. 

But it is possible to record with the UX2 without running PF. Besides setting on the Mac, there are also the gain controls for the mic inputs on the UX2 also.