Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Aux Input Active DI recommendations

ramirezdan

I'm nailing down my live setup and have a passive Jazz Bass connected to the Aux Input of the Helix. It's working fine, but I'm guessing the impedance mismatch is giving me a low audio signal and probably killing the tone a bit. Due to how I'm using the rest of the Helix, I'm committed to making this Aux Input work. 

Can someone recommend an active DI that would help bring the Jazz Bass up to the right level. While the Jazz Bass is the priority, I also have a Bass VI that's SUPER quiet and it would be awesome if the same DI could bring that in line with the Aux Input.

You could use one of the effects loops Returns, instead, if you have a spare.

I'm using all 4 of my returns. 

After a bit of research, this 321 device from thegigrig seems to be a viable option if I need access to the BassVI and the Jazz bass, overkill if I only need the Jazz Bass. It would also accommodate an extra guitar, so I could have 4 instruments connected simultaneously with two being accessible at any one time. 

https://www.thegigrig.com/three2one

After a bit of research, this 321 device from thegigrig seems to be a viable option if I need access to the BassVI and the Jazz bass, overkill if I only need the Jazz Bass. It would also accommodate an extra guitar, so I could have 4 instruments connected simultaneously with two being accessible at any one time. 

Nice looking unit.

I ended up ordering one. <$200 to get 3 inputs with variable preamp gain into the aux in seems like a pretty good deal. I'll do a shootout between the guitar input and the aux input with various guitars/basses when I get it. I might throw the mic in with a DI too just to mix it up a bit. 

I hope I can send the Aux in to USB in 7 like I can do with the guitar, otherwise I just bought a $200 impedance matcher.

I hope I can send the Aux in to USB in 7 like I can do with the guitar, otherwise I just bought a $200 impedance matcher.

I think the product looks awesome, and I'm pretty sure you can make USB 7 Guitar, Aux, Variax, Variax Mags,  or Mic... and the same with USB 8. I am reasonably sure that they were NOT configurable when Helix first came out, but they are now.