Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Crackling Noise Using Helix as Interface

DanielJW

I've used the Helix as an audio interface before and have had no trouble with any noise issues. Although recently When playing back the recorded tracks using Presonus Studio One DAW I hear a lot of high pitch popping and crackling. The tracks peak at -12db so the audio isn't distorting. Even when I solo one of the tracks which can be as low as -24db the popping still occurs. I've tried using a different USB cable, using the headphone output and the 1/4 outputs and it still keeps happening. However when I tried using the Zoom R24 as my interface there were no noise issues, I also used headphones directly from my computer and there are no issues there either. I'm not sure if I've got the inputs and outputs set incorrectly or if it's set up differently to before. I've tried playing about with them and I still can't figure out why this is happening. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

I managed to get rid of the clipping by going onto the audio setup on Studio One and under the Device Block Size I changed the settings from 64 Samples to 256 samples and it works fine for the Helix. The 64 Samples setting works fine on the Zoom R24 but not the Helix. Is there anything I could change on the Helix to use it with the 64 Samples setting?

I managed to get rid of the clipping by going onto the audio setup on Studio One and under the Device Block Size I changed the settings from 64 Samples to 256 samples and it works fine for the Helix. The 64 Samples setting works fine on the Zoom R24 but not the Helix. Is there anything I could change on the Helix to use it with the 64 Samples setting?

I don't think so, but I haven't tried real hard on my Mac.

• 10 months later...