Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connecting PC to Spider V remote

darkcloud1

I have downloaded the Spider V remote software, and connected my Spider V to the USB. When I start the program on my PC, it says no device connected, there's a connect icon but it is disabled.

Is there a way to connect in the program? Or? 

Any help is appreciated.

This issue has been discussed numerous times.  Have you read all of those posts and tried the solutions?

No, there is nothing in the software to initiate a connection.  Once the USB drivers are installed on your PC, all you have to do is set the switch on the back of the amp to "PC", connect the proper USB cable between the amp and your PC, and, with the amp turned on, the software will initiate a search for the amp and if found, will load the presets.

Check to make sure you downloaded the latest software update and drivers as well. They are listed below the Spid Remote PC download. Some users are having to grab this to get the Spider V Rem software to initialize. Windows 7 and Windows 10 users seem to have the most trouble. Windows 10 after the last major update (some security update messed with driver signing). 

https://line6.com/software/index.html

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/23/2021 at 12:35 PM, Fineas24 said:

Same problem here, any tips on how to fix it?

I recently got a Spider V 240HC head, and installed Remote on three different computers all with Win 10 (one machine was 10+ years old w/ questionable processor speed/RAM, and the other two machines were fairly new).  All had all their Windows updates, etc.  The Spider V Remote app worked perfectly with no issues on ALL three of my machines -- no issues whatsoever.  The USB "printer cable" I used on all three was a brand new USB 3.0 high quality cable (no looking for an old printer cable in the closet). Also, you need to make sure that the "Select" switch on the back of the amp is set to "MAC/PC/ANDROID".  If you are still having problems, then likely it is a driver problem in your computer -- see the link in one of the posts above that have all the proper updated drivers, etc.  Post back here what you found out.

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, mobster85 said:

Downloaded the latest driver and I am still having the same problem. Can't connect to the internet. I need a solution.

The issue with the Spider V Remote app not detecting an internet connection is happening to many of us.  Seems to be a Windows only issue though.  Submit a Ticket to Line 6 so that they know it is a problem for many and it should push them into a fix.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I bought the Line6 Spider V60 MKII two days ago. I'm in need of the necessary USB cable to even hook mine up. I've had nothing but trouble with this device along with Cubase, from the moment I bought it. Seems like they could at least pack a USB cable for each purchase.