Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix App for Mac

labirn

I fully understand that the Helix App for Mac is still in beta state, as buggy as it is... but I don't understand why there isn't a finished version available after such a long time. Was the Helix too cheap to develop some Mac software ;)?

• Downvote 1

Huh? The editor, called Helix, isn't in beta. It has been available for a long time. The current version is 2.21 and can be downloaded here: http://line6.com/software/

I think perhaps you're referring to the Mac drivers... Back when El Capitan was released, it had all sorts of issues with core audio and there were a bunch of class compliant USB audio devices that it wasn't handling correctly. The Helix happened to be one of those. So rather than wait for Apple to get its act together, Line 6 released the beta Mac drivers. In between the time those were released and now, Apple fixed things on its end, so it kind of made the Line 6 Mac drivers superfluous. That's the reason they haven't been updated beyond beta.

Thank you so much for your answer. My mistake. I was using the Helix V1.11 beta!!

Please feel free delete this topic and thanks again for the clarification!

No problem...

If you're running a version of the editor that old, you must be running an old firmware version on the Helix itself as the new firmware won't work with the old editor... Sounds like you should update everything! :)