Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

USB Monitoring via USB headphones

machuero

Hello,

Hopefully this is a simple task :huh:

I want to be able to monitor my Helix floor with a set of Logitech G35 USB headphones. They are mainly used for online gaming but I would like them to serve as a quick monitoring device when I can't play through my amp or desktop speakers.

If this is possible, can someone lay out the steps it will take to accomplish this? The simpler, the better  :D

Also, if there is a way to do this from the Helix software that would be even better.

Thanks

Nope. There is no power provided to the USB connection on Helix and even if there was it's the wrong connection.

You might be able to connect both to the same computer, but that's not the "simpler" way by far.

I'd just get regular headphones for this purpose.

Nope. There is no power provided to the USB connection on Helix and even if there was it's the wrong connection.

You might be able to connect both to the same computer, but that's not the "simpler" way by far.

I'd just get regular headphones for this purpose.

Both the Helix and the headphones are connected to the same PC. Does that make a difference?

Both the Helix and the headphones are connected to the same PC. Does that make a difference?

You want simple. That ain't. You have to navigate using two different "sound cards" on Windows. Ugh.

Just get real headphones, you'll be happier.

You want simple. That ain't. You have to navigate using two different "sound cards" on Windows. Ugh.

Just get real headphones, you'll be happier.

Peter, you're probably correct. I just wanted a quick solution without buying more stuff and having more stuff in my work area. Actually to be honest, these headphones are pretty good. I listen to music DVD and online content with them all the time. As far as gaming headphones they are excellent.

Peter, you're probably correct. I just wanted a quick solution without buying more stuff and having more stuff in my work area. Actually to be honest, these headphones are pretty good. I listen to music DVD and online content with them all the time. As far as gaming headphones they are excellent.

Probably far from flat and REALLY far from ideal for using with Helix anyway.

There is a workaround, it is usually horrible. In Win 7 sound control panel you can go to the Helix and check the box "Listen to this device", not sure what it is called in Win8 or 10. But as others have stated, better off with a decent set of headphones. To Peter's point, If you plan on recording you will want/need studio headphones and or monitors. Your headphones may sound great for movies and games, but they likely are enhancing the bass, which will reek havoc for recording/mixing.

• Upvote 1

To Peter's point, If you plan on recording you will want/need studio headphones and or monitors. Your headphones may sound great for movies and games, but they likely are enhancing the bass, which will reek havoc for recording/mixing.

Gaming/casual listening cans are usually designed to sound good in almost every use, so they are rarely accurate.