Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT50 keeps blowing fuses

xindaw

I recently bought a used Line 6 DT50 head and recently it blew a fuse. I replaced it and immediately it blew the new fuse once it was powered on. I had a an extra fuse and once again it blew. What really should I do? Or what is the problem? I really like this head and spendimg $200 to have a guy look at it seems pretty steep after just buying this head not that long ago. Before all of this it functioned well and fabulous.

Not to be rude, and I realize spending additional money sucks, but unless you have the proper diagnostic tools and the proper repair training take this amp to an authorized line 6 repair shop.

The functionality, versatility and awesome sound of these amps is in part due to their complexity of inter working components. If changing the tubes (make sure they are matched and learn how to bias them) or replacing the fuse does not solve the problem take it to a professional.

Just my personal standard operating procedure.

They are awesome amps and well worth getting in tip top operating condition.

• Upvote 1

I think that's what I'm gonna end up doing. I love the sound don't really want to get a different amp that is sugar in comparison. Your suggestion wasn't rude. In was just curious if the fuses blowing was a sign of a bigger issue or if it had an easy fix.