Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

All my preset tones are gone. Line6 freezes at Line6 logo when startup

DarkSeph22

Hello. I'm new here, and I recently got a Spider V 60v. Works and sounds great for a couple of days until a week ago, I connected to my computer and made some adjustments to the preset tones. Then all of a sudden, when i wanted to switch to a different preset, it stayed the same name and effects on the entire amp and it erased all my presets. Tried restarting the amp, but it freezes at Line6 logo. Tried updating to 1.04 since it was on 1.02, but that didn't get all the factory presets in. I connected to my iPhone to Remote app, it was syncing but it took like 30 mins then it pops up "Device timed out". Help!

Try a different USB cable.  Try a different USB port on your computer.  Try a factory reset of the amp if you can boot up successfully.  If not, that's bad news because you can't do anything if you can't boot up.  In that case I'd say it's time for a service call.  Good luck.

Hello. I'm new here, and I recently got a Spider V 60v. Works and sounds great for a couple of days until a week ago, I connected to my computer and made some adjustments to the preset tones. Then all of a sudden, when i wanted to switch to a different preset, it stayed the same name and effects on the entire amp and it erased all my presets. Tried restarting the amp, but it freezes at Line6 logo. Tried updating to 1.04 since it was on 1.02, but that didn't get all the factory presets in. I connected to my iPhone to Remote app, it was syncing but it took like 30 mins then it pops up "Device timed out". Help!

If you have the latest firmware, the latest software drivers for the Spider V Remote support you may have to Submit a support ticket to Line 6

I would try connecting to the computer, run the Line 6 Updater utility. Select the Unit Model and then see what the updater reports. It may auto update the amp.

Do you have the same problems with the amp not connected to a computer, phone or tablet? If so, maybe try reinstalling the firmware, and be certain to get the additional driver updates.

http://line6.com/software/index.html

Submit a support ticket to factory service. They may be able to solve the issues. If it needs repaired or replaced, they'll let you know. It's always a good thing when a buggy unit goes down under warranty. They can fix it and then you probably won't ever have another problem. It's when a repair is out of warranty and fails that it really hits.