Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix into 2 L2T speakers for band rehearsal - routing

Hey all. I am trying to sort out how to connect my Helix to with the 2 L2T speakers I have for band rehearsal, running my guitar and vocals through them. I would prefer to keep the helix connected via link as it seems to have a higher output overall connected that way. If I go out via the mono left output on the Helix to the line level input on the back of the L2T it still sounds good, just not the same compared to link. I don't want the Helix connected to channels on the mixer to eliminate extra fiddling etc.

The way I have it now is - Helix to L2T via link, then fed over to the other L2T via link. My singer and bass player plug into the second L2T for vocals, and I route that back to the first L2T via the mix out (all inputs) to the line level. All works great and everything is coming out of both sides of the dual L2T setup...except the vocals on my side. If I plug into the first L2T that I have the guitar into via link, I only get the vocals on one side. I assumed link would also carry over the other mixer inputs to the other speaker, but it just the guitar coming though only?

If I simply connect the L2Ts to each other via link, all inputs on either side works fine and come through both speakers. But as I noted earlier, if the guitar isn't plugged in via link, I find it really loses something and is just not up to par.

Is it a scenario then where i will just have to deal with it and endure the one sided vocals from my speaker to ensure I can use link for my guitar signal from the Helix? I can tell you don't want to run another out from the mix out to the line input on the second speaker if link is already connected to the second....hard on the ears. Hope that makes sense :)

Your description is exactly correct, and there's nothing you're missing. You have to choose between using L6 Link from Helix and having a one-sided vocal, or connecting both speakers in a 2-way L6 Link (meaning you use the Helix analog outputs to a speaker) and having full stereo. Unfortunately you can't have it both ways.

The way I have it now is - Helix to L2T via link, then fed over to the other L2T via link. My singer and bass player plug into the second L2T for vocals, and I route that back to the first L2T via the mix out (all inputs) to the line level. All works great and everything is coming out of both sides of the dual L2T setup...except the vocals on my side. If I plug into the first L2T that I have the guitar into via link, I only get the vocals on one side. I assumed link would also carry over the other mixer inputs to the other speaker, but it just the guitar coming though only?

Seems you are able to route the speaker2 mixer inputs to speaker1 using the mix output, not the L6 Link connection. Have you tried doing the same from speaker1 to get your vocals to speaker2? Would this 'double up' the guitar signal? If so, try removing the L6 Link connection from speaker1 to speaker2. That way you are left with L6 Link from your guitar to speaker1 and then a 2-way analog connection between the two speakers using their respective mix outputs.

I've never tried this setup. Be careful - it may create a feedback loop with the inputs from speaker2 being combined into the mix output from speaker1 going back into speaker2, then back again into speaker1 and so on ad Infinitum. Turn both speaker volumes to zero before testing and raise them carefully to test.