Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Significance of font color change when editing block paramters?

jerseyboy

I haven’t found the answer in the manual yet but while recently editing Reverb decay (although this applies to any block parameter) the font number was in color (red) and often stays in color.  A couple times I inadvertently pressed the parameter button and the font changed to white.  

I saved the preset but the number remained white and all the rest still in the effect color.  That parameter would only revert back to the usual color after rebooting?  Can someone please tell me what’s going here?

Also, the “save snapshot†screen pops up often because I’m probably touching both up/down buttons at the same time.  But it’s very unsettling in the heat of battle and I would really prefer to never, ever see “save snapshot†during a set again?  

Any words of wisdom regarding that behavior?  

I believe you're seeing the parameters that are tied to controllers. That could be either a real-time controller such as an expression pedal or footswitch, or it could be a snapshot controller. Those parameters are shown in white, as you say, and they have brackets around them.

When you press down on the parameter knob you are telling the Helix that the particular paramter will change when a different snapshot is selected. For instance the reverb decay, if you turn the knob WITHOUT pressing the button that parameter will be changed for ALL snapshots, but if you press it and adjust it, it will be at that setting for ONLY THAT SNAPSHOT and change back to whatever it was previously for the other snapshots. If you're not using snapshots, just don't press the button when you adjust the parameter and you won't have to see it.

Side note: what kind of music are you all playing that you're adjusting your FX in the middle of a set? 

• Upvote 1

As of now I’m looking to change the parameter for all instances of a preset.  Thank you all for explaining what I’m seeing whenever I press the button of the knob.  I’ll try to avoid pushing the parameter button although now I won’t worry too much if I do.  

Man, I’m much too old and slow to even begin to wrap my head around snapshots and how to use them for my performance situations?  I just wished I could quit seeing that pop up when I get lazy and touch both up/down buttons with my foot?  

My requirement is a very specific set of presets that I sometimes use in preset mode or stomp mode.  Very basic sounds but quite specific to areas of our production.  

Thanks again for the good help!  

Man, I’m much too old and slow to even begin to wrap my head around snapshots and how to use them for my performance situations?  I just wished I could quit seeing that pop up when I get lazy and touch both up/down buttons with my foot? 

Are you playing in bare feet? The snapshot swap is activated when you touch-hold two footswitches at once. If you want to defeat that behavior you could always turn the touch capatitance in the Global Settings menu, at least when you're playing live. If your playing in typical rubber soled shoes, though, it really shouldn't be an issue.

• Upvote 1

Are you playing in bare feet? The snapshot swap is activated when you touch-hold two footswitches at once. If you want to defeat that behavior you could always turn the touch capatitance in the Global Settings menu, at least when you're playing live. If your playing in typical rubber soled shoes, though, it really shouldn't be an issue.

No bare feet but I'm probably inadvertently pressing both buttons at the same time.  It's new to me so getting used to these ergonomics will take some time.  And maybe I'll figure out the point of snapshots and it will be my friend?  

I wouldn't want to turn off capacitance at this point because I'm still often assigning buttons to effects for Stomp mode.  Some point in the future when things are more set I might disable that feature because it wouldn't be used as frequently as it is now?  

The power and capabilities of this unit do seem incredible.  

I think he means he presses both the preset change buttons simultaneously and puts it in snapshot change mode.

• Upvote 1