Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Power Supply Polarity Question

thorrune

I am hoping to be able to use my HD500 power supply to also power a single Boss pedal. I only have one other pedal that requires power (a Boss TU-2) on my pedalboard and considering its max current draw is only 55mA, the Line 6 PSU should be able to easily supply that as well as the Pod. I realize the Boss uses a 5.5/2.1mm negative center and the Line 6 PSU is 5.5/2.5 positive center, but I've got an adapter/splitter to solve that. My only concern would be if the Pod uses a negative ground like the Boss pedal does; obviously if it uses a positive ground it wouldn't work. So my question is: does the negative side of the Line 6 PSU go directly to ground in the HD500? Thanks.

The polarity is on the PSU...I am pretty certain that it is the same polarity as BOSS is. The reason I say that is that I was using an M-5 a year or so back in my BOSS BCB-60 and ran the M-5 off the BOSS PSU....M-5 uses the same PSU although its current draw is much lower....

You do know there is a tuner in your pod, right? I say eliminate the extra pedal and then it's a non issue.

I have 2 separate signal chains, the TU-2 goes to my rack & head and the HD500 is used as a MIDI controller (and backup should my main rig fail), hence the need for a separate tuner.

The polarity is on the PSU...I am pretty certain that it is the same polarity as BOSS is. The reason I say that is that I was using an M-5 a year or so back in my BOSS BCB-60 and ran the M-5 off the BOSS PSU....M-5 uses the same PSU although its current draw is much lower....

The HD series PSUs are different from other Line 6 products, both in terms of plug size/polarity and current capacity.